4.0 out of 5 stars Sno Ball love this but..., November 8, 2010
This review is from: Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula with Roasted Venison and Smoked Salmon, 15-Pound Bag (Misc.)
My cat Sno Ball love this food and I like the fact that it is grain free and all natural. I highly recommend this product but just keep in mind that since most domestic cats are used to processed kitty food, it may take them a while to get used to it.

Since he's been eating this food, I noticed is that it makes his poo smells EXTRA strong. I have a small apt so I almost passed out when I came in the other day and it smelled like he had pood right on the floor when it fact he pood in his litter box and it was covered up. Thats some strong food. He's only been on it for a week so we'll see how it progresses. Maybe his digestive system has to get used to it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2010 7:45:54 AM PST
L.Losoff says:
I have 2 cats on Taste of the Wild and their poo smells strong as well. Glad to know it's not my imagination...it's the food! But their incredibly soft fur, minimal shedding and general good health all makes it worth it :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 7:02:52 PM PST
Same here. Stronger poo smell. Not any different than humans who eat animal either. When humans eat vegan the poo is not as offensive as those who eat animal.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:10:38 AM PST
ROCKIN ROB says:
poo on a cat diet..is extra strong! gut renching, i have found. out . a talk with the keepers, at national zoo wash dc, confirmed it to me since the lions , tigers, leopards, house, smells exactly the same way!!! just10x stronger.. i just change my litter.. my last lived 17 years on a mostly meat diet..and i had a doggie door, to her litter loved her , but the poo outside, so that relieved the stench, and saved my relationship!.. my wife now! rr

Posted on Aug 14, 2014 12:47:58 PM PDT
R. HALL says:
I would try adding some canned pumpkin to your kitties' diets - fixed my furbaby's stinky poo in no time at all. I always thought the canned pumpkin balanced something in his system. The kitty was pretty eager to eat it, too, which showed me he was probably missing something in his diet that the pumpkin fixed.

On the other hand, stinky stuff expelled from the body is always better than same sitting around inside kitty's body. Maybe this cat food is detoxing them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2015 11:03:37 AM PST
I was looking into this food and read your review. Thank you. I have a recommendation (not about cat food). The best litter I have found, is Ever Clean. Sold on Amazon and offers Prime. It costs a little more, but it is worth it! Especially in a small space. At one time I had 9 cats in one box (we had kittens). You would have never known. Get the unscented one. It is the best! I have turned other friends on to it and they love it. One came to my house an never knew I had a litter box. She was sold, and it is all she will use for her indoor kitty. Thank you for the review, I did find it very helpful. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2015 12:56:51 PM PST
C. DeJesus says:
Hi amichelle,

That sounds amazing. I will definitely have to check that out and thanks for the tip!

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 7:30:16 AM PDT
modalsystem says:
I would NOT recommend feeding your cat dry,kibbled food especially if there is a history of urinary tract problems.If you are feeding your cat mainly dry food,I ask you to please research this topic and share the info with others.I suspect it has caused urinary tract blockage with one of my cats before,as well as several of my friends cats.

Once I fed my cat canned food-only(canned food is water-rich)there was never again any urinary tract problems.I would suggest only feeding dry food in small amounts as a treat.

If you are feeding a large amount of homeless cats and must give them dry food,then I would recommend giving a dry food that is formulated for urinary health.There are commercial brands available that are reasonably priced.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›