Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome service with an Awesome Computer, October 11, 2010
This review is from: ASUS A52F-X3 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
First off, I would like to say, that I think Amazon has really great service. I had originally gotten this computer, and first off, the pricing has gone up since I bought it just a week 1/2 ago. I bought it for $549.99, which is a really good price for this, but the first time I had gotten it, but dvd writer/burner was defective on arrival. I sent it back a few days later after contacting Asus, and then Amazon (sent back to Amazon), and they had ordered me a new one (since it was out of stock at the time), and marked it as one day shipping, right away after receiving my return request. Before they even received my package, they sent me a new computer (same one) and I received it the next day. Great service Amazon, Thanks.

This computer I have now (same one) has a working everything now!

The only few complaints I found about this computer (after reading the reviews) that are true, are the Loose battery, Left Click,..and ..that's it. The optical drive being loud, I guess was true for the comp. I returned, but this new one, is soo quiet and works so Nicely.
The battery, when the computer is held flat in your hands, does feel loose. It won't come out, thats not really a fear, but you can slightly push it up constantly. This won't affect anything, it can be sort of annoying though to someone who is nitpicky and has ocd.
The left click is kinda annoying, its a bit harder to press, and a bit more stiff. Again not a big deal, once you get used to it, it doesn't bother me anymore, but I can see why this would have been brought up in a review.
I'm not sure what someone meant by "spongy keyboard", I personally love the keyboard. Full Keypad and nicely feeling buttons, that have a nice give to them.

The computer came with a bit of useless bloatware, as most computers do, but if your not sure which to keep, which can be useful, and don't want to totally restore your computer to rid use this link, its very useful.

[...]

Otherwise though, I love this computer. I mean I'm no computer expert but I know alot, and for the price of 550, for this computer, you can't beat it. There are better of course, but this ones a nice pick. Asus makes great computers from my experience, and nice products. This computer is pretty fast (especially compared to my last), With some great specs, and the hdmi works very nicely on it.
Battery Life I'm not sure what it was advertised as, but on a full charge, I'll get a good 3 - 3 1/2, once in awhile maybe a bit more, hrs from it. Which is pretty good (This is on a "balanced" power plan though. Prob would last longer on battery save setting, and less on entertainment or high power setting).
The screen is very nice, and pretty nice size. The webcam is marked at ".5" which is really low, and idk if they maybe 1.5, but when in use over skype, etc, its really not that bad. It's not great or anything, but it does its job, no ones hard to see, and you can cleary distinguish the features of a person through this webcam still. Unless of course you have bad skype connection lol, then they are quite blurry. This computer can easily support high video and audio quality though.

Audio is pretty nice for a laptop. Not amazing, but its good. Especially for a laptop. It only has one Audio headphone jack though, which peeved me, for my old laptop had 2, and I dont wanna buy a headphone splitter type thing to listen to movies in the college library, with a friend.
I Also wish this had 4 usb ports, but 3 isn't bad. Nice card reader as standard now a days.

Big determiner for me was also the heat that may have exhausted from the computer and if how quickly and how hot it heated up. I was so glad to find out that this computer runs almost completely cool, for as long as you're using it. Has barely even gotten a little warm! Be careful though, because if using on a fabric, like a blanket, or sheet, or pillow, or couch or w/e, then it heats up a bit. But that is expected, and has always happened to me. I rarely keep it on a blanket or anything, so I'm fine. Otherwise no heat up though, which is great.
The hard drive also is kinda small 320 gb, but actually more like 280gb, I'm guessing due to the hiddin recovery partition. I didn't realize that would take up 40 gb though. I can't seem to find anywhere else the 40 gb would be though, so it must be that. I mean it did take 4 DVD-R discs to create recovery, so maybe. It was like this on both laptops (this and the one I sent back for faulty drive, so It's gotta be recovery lol)

OK so, besides the small harddrive, and the small nit picky things, For the most part, this computer is very nice for the price of 550 that I got it for. Nice specs (read bout in product description) pretty fast, no heat problems, pretty good sound and battery, and etc.

Any questions, just comment, but I love this Asus laptop.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]