5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well-built luggage, January 8, 2010
I bought this set for a recent trip, and was pleased with how well it was constructed. It even had a nice interior cover that can be zipped over your clothes and includes a sort of compression strap system that was helpful in getting everything packed in there. The collapsible handle is sturdy and locks in place to prevent damage by overly enthusiastic baggage handlers. It also has convenient carry handles on the top and bottom to aid in retrieving the bag from an overhead bin. The smaller bag was perfect as a carry-on. I used it to hold my books, iPod, etc.

Just be aware that if you take advantage of the expansion panel feature on the bag it may not fit in an airline overhead compartment. I had to check the larger bag on the way back because I had opened up the expansion panels and stuffed it full.

I definitely recommend this luggage.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2011 8:21:23 PM PDT
My teenage daughter is travelling to France in March and is in need of luggage. She will be gone for 2 weeks, but only travelling with a weeks worth of clothing as they will be able to do laundry. Would the larger bag hold that much stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011 2:22:20 AM PDT
D. W. says:
Probably not. This is one of those suitcases that is designed to fit in overhead compartments on airlines. The smaller bag in this set is about the size of a woman's handbag; I think it's intended for toiletries/cosmetics, etc. While this would be good for a long weekend trip or so, I think I would recommend something larger for a week's travel overseas. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011 8:37:59 PM PDT
Thanks so much!

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:15:03 AM PDT
Yarii says:
That "nice interior cover" isn't for zipping over your clothes, it's for access to the retracting handle if need be.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:18:38 PM PST
I am amazed at this price! If these dimensions are actually 45 (WxHxD), then that is the maximum capacity for carry-on. My husband and I need one more carry-on--we are going to Europe for a month--5 or more cities and 3 countries, so we don't want to bring more than carry-on and a small backpack for under the seat. Have read some websites and bought some travel-type clothing that packs small. There's an art to it, but Rick Steves swears by one carry-on for even 3 months!

So, being that most 2-piece luggage like this is closer to $200, it is hard to believe that $32 will get us quality luggage! Is this really sturdy and rugged enough?

Posted on May 7, 2013 7:22:47 AM PDT
Elizabeth says:
Hey there....I am looking at making a purchase for my trip. Would you say when packed the carry-on would meet a 50lb requirement?

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2013 5:32:55 AM PDT
D. W. says:
I think so. When I stuffed mine for our last trip, I think it weighed less than 30lbs.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›