21 of 25 people found the following review helpful
Good memories, great gameplay,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Prince of Persia Trilogy HD - Playstation 3 (Video Game)The good:
- Great HD remakes of the original games. Graphics are pretty good for a remake, the only thing giving it away is the low poly count of the main characters.
- FMV have translated very well and are full screen.
- Even after all these years, these 3 games still are the best in the series. Challenging and difficult, although you can adjust difficulty in the 2 newer ones.
- There is a 5-7 minute hard drive install required, but afterwards, the games run smooth with minimal, unintrusive loading times.
- Bugs, bugs, bugs. When you select a New Game in Sands of Time, the loading screen showed 2 gears moving, implying the game is being loaded. In reality, the game locked my PS3. After 3 reboots, it worked fine and the loading was immediate. The second bug also happened in Sands of Time, after the first save. You have to wall run a couple of times and the game crashed again. Two reboots later, it worked. None of these bugs were in the original. My PS3 is the newer 160 GB, updated to latest OS. Warrior Within and Two Thrones had no crashes to this point - I am about half way through both.
- Sound: Difficult to control the sound. The reload screen has very loud music, while in game sounds are a lot softer. Worst is Warrior Within, the best is Two Thrones.
- Sands of Time fights: Always hated the teleporting enemies, hate them as much now.
Overall - this is a great value and a much welcome remake. You get 30 hours of content for a very good price. If you have never played these games, be aware they are more difficult than the latest PoP installments, although they have better stories and puzzles.
Tracked by 2 customers
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2011 4:00:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2011 4:02:32 PM PDT
B. Cooper says:
Funny you mentioned the sound levels being different for menus and games. I just purchased/played the Tomb Raider Trilogy which has some audio issues as well. It seems like the more games they try to squish onto a disc, the more likely they are to rush and/or compress files without making sure sound levels are equalized.
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2011 2:43:06 PM PDT
C. SINGH says:
Interesting, maybe im just lucky but I have not run into any issues yet. I got a couple of sound hiccups but nothing serious.
Posted on Aug 9, 2011 6:19:37 PM PDT
John Stemos says:
The main reason for freezes is that your downloading something on psn. Easiest way to avoid this is make sure your download list is clear or just have your ps3 unplugged from internet. While this is annoying it does stop the problem I had the game freeze 10+ times while downloading and 0 while not downloading.
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2011 4:33:53 PM PDT
Dr. D says:
Changing the topic for a minute... Is the gameplay of this series similar to Tomb Raider?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›