20 of 21 people found the following review helpful
Dance workout vs other titles,
This review is from: Gold's Gym Dance Workout - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Why I purchased: We enjoy working out on the Wii and like to keep it fresh by switching programs around. Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and Just Dance both get used at least once a week, and Dance Workout seems (in part) like a mix of these 2 programs.
- Seems more accurate in "getting" your moves than Just Dance if you're using double Wiimotes.
- Latin dance and Zumba type of workouts are fun.
- Interface (Gold's gym desk, etc..) is much nicer than Cardio Workout.
- "Tutorial" is terrible. They moved way too fast for us to understand what was going on.
I guess in time we'll learn the moves and do better, but they should have started with a
slower rpm or slower tutorial to get the moves down.
- Not as much fun as Just Dance or Cardio Workout and not as good of a workout either. It's just missing that X-factor.
- Not too much of a minus, but the mini games are pretty useless. They just don't seem to fit into the workout and are pretty lame.
Overall: We gave it a three star because it's a good companion to the rest of our wii workout collection, but it likely won't get used as much. My advice would be to wait until Zumba Fitness comes out (Nov 30) and see which one is better. Also, Just Dance 2 is coming out Oct 12, and if it's anything like the first one, it's a hilarious must purchase.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2011 11:06:16 AM PST
Amy Henley says:
It does take a minute to figure out the games. I use the wii balance board for them and had to figure out how to balance myself on it to make the games work. For example, it took me till the end of my first try on the canoe to realize that you have to shift your butt from side to side on the wii fit board as you move your arms to get it to paddle on both sides. And for the matado,r you have to keep the wii motes at waist height in front of you, but flick them quickly to the correct side to avoid the bulls charging you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›