4.0 out of 5 stars Warm Head... Hot Fuzz?, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Rothco Polar Fleece Balaclava (Apparel)
This New England winter is brutal. The winds keep howling, the temps keep dropping and the snow is pounding us like we owe the clouds money. Every day I'm bundling up and shoveling four feet of something -- snow, ice, stranded hybrids, Kennedys -- and I'm done with it. I just wanted to find some way to warm up.

Also, to feel my toes again and have my testicles crawl back out of my rib cage. But I settled for trying to warm up.

I bought this product because I'd seen quite a few people wear them who really seem to know how to stay warm -- hard-core skiers, armed robbers, people from British Columbia. So it seemed like a pretty good bet.

On the plus side, it does keep my head pretty toasty -- but only if I really pull the drawstrings tight to keep the cold air out. Unfortunately, I can't see much out the little hole in the front when I do that, so I tend to run into a lot of things while I'm wearing it -- snow banks, busy intersections, and in one rather unfortunate case, my local bank branch.

Everything got sorted out when the cops arrived -- they agreed that 'premeditated robbery' and four inches of visibility in front of my face probably didn't mesh -- but it was embarrassing, nonetheless. Maybe these should come with some sort of warning. Like a nice 'THIS IS NOT A STICK-UP' embroidered on the neck, maybe? I'm just spitballing here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2011 5:44:03 PM PDT
One of the more humorous responses that I've read on Amazon in a good long while.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 3:46:52 PM PST

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 6:55:04 PM PST
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

If your other material is this funny, I've no doubt your a hit on the Comedy circuit. Tanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 4:16:32 PM PST
tornadokat says:
Contrary to what Carlos Pereyra said, it is a useful review... he said it gets really cold where he is and it kept his head toasty once he cinched up the opening a lot, which then blocked his vision. I have one of these and I agree totally. It's the same problem on many coats and hoodies. I figured out if I used a baseball cap (waterproof or regular with some waterproofing sprayed on the "bill") it keeps the sun/rain/snow out of my eyes and stops the top of the opening from dropping down too far and covering my eyes when cinched up.

Plus the humor was great!

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 3:42:56 AM PST
John B says:
Thanks for the laugh buddy... this has got to be the funniest review I ever read, you just made my morning! I also thought it was useful, the useful facts are tucked in between all the zingers ;)

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 2:15:11 AM PDT
Thank You! I for one need a smile now and then and this review did the trick. I definitely think your review just convinced me that my big Irish dome would be well served in our moderately cold Cincinnati winter. Fortunately we don't have quite the white death you speak of but we have a lot of banks so I imagine that to be a good thing. Anyway I have enough issues with testicular withdrawl (pray the woman never reads this) that I have no desire to probe my inner-rib area. Anyway I appreciate the great sense of humor and I am sold. Slainte'.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:25:58 PM PST
Jay says:
Agreed he provided information with the quite enjoyable humor. :D
One particular piece of info that I did not pick up in the item description was that it used pull strings to adjust the face opening. This is not a typical balaclava feature and well worth noting.

Also, thanks to this description I realize that this item will not serve my particular needs.
My wife likes to sleep with he ceiling fan cranking down a storm winds. I don't care to pull the covers over my head so I thought something along this line would work to sleep in.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 10:39:10 AM PST
i loved your humor, I too live in New England (why do we do this to ourselves?) and except for the testicles comment (which I can't 100% validate, since I don't own a pair myself), I do thank you for your comments. I think I'll look elsewhere for one. I would have appreciated it yesterday trying to remove 30" of snow in Connecticut, but a day late and dollar short appears to be my lifelong motto. Oh well.

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:24:02 PM PST
YaMan says:
Funniest review ever & useful too.

Posted on Feb 26, 2014 6:43:47 PM PST
Dude i just picked my self top from the floor i was laughing so hard...... Thanks
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (107 customer reviews)

$13.99 $7.34