5.0 out of 5 stars Military meets bling, February 6, 2014
This review is from: G-Shock Rangeman Master Of G Series Stylish Watch - Green / One Size (Watch)
As a gun owner and shooting enthusiast, a quartz watch is all I wear to the gun range since the forces from firing recoil can potentially damage my expensive mechanical automatic movements in my other watches. The military inspired color scheme, quartz engine, and the G-Shock styling and reputation for durability all coalesced into the perfect range watch. Add to the fact that the model name is “Rangeman”, and the deal was done!
Aesthetically, Casio took this model one notch higher by adding a polished tang and keeper and stainless steel pushers and screws. These more sophisticated accents make the watch suitable for use in more diverse social environments other than shooting, hiking, fishing, and the like.
As for functionality, the triple sensors make a great selling point for “technogeeks“, but even Casio states that the altimeter, temperature, and barometric pressure are subjective and should not be used as actual instruments in a critical situation. I personally didn’t buy the watch for those features anyways.
The negative display is a love/hate item for most. While the display can be set to illuminate with the turn of your wrist, it doesn’t always do so and thus it can be a pain in the rear under low light. But since this isn’t my everyday wear timepiece I can deal with it.
Overall, I feel that this watch is a great execution and wouldn’t hesitate convincing others to own one.
But if the negative display isn't something you can contend with but you still want the model GW9400 for it's triple sensor configuration, try going with the black version which has the standard black on silver "positive display". You won't be disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2014 3:49:16 AM PDT
Visa Card says:
I do a lot of fishing and mountain bike riding and rock climbing in the summer. Everything you said about this Range Man your right. I've had a lot of people ask me about this G-Shock and I told if they can read the display then get. If you a hard time reading it get the black version. This is a very cool watch. I do own a pretty good size watch with automatic's and swiss made. When I work or play outdoors I always wear my BAD ASS Range Man. Sorry for swearing. Please let me know when you get this. Thank You.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2014 4:56:00 AM PDT
Glad to hear you're enjoying the watch! BAd thing about G-shocks? They're addictive! I now own three and looking for a fourth! They are so damned durable.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2014 5:01:29 AM PDT
Visa Card says:
I do agree. I'm looking at getting a few more myself. I grew up with G-Shocks. G-Shock for life, but I do own quit a few of INVICTA'S as well as some automatic's.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 4:00:53 AM PDT
Visa Card says:
I like your review it really explains about the watch and the negative LCD. I own this watch as well. This is my everyday wear only because I do a lot of mountain bike riding so I can't wear my BULOVA or my INVICTA Sea Hunter's. When I look at the watch to get the time some times I do use the light. This does help. When you do wear it all time you get use to seeing the time and you find ways see it better. If that makes sense? I find my self wearing this even as a dress watch. I also would like to also get the FrogMan in my collection. You did a great job on this review. Please get back to me when you get this. Thank You.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 10:17:35 AM PST
H. Boo says:
Yeah negatiive really sucks...I have the black which is 100% better...But olive really is nice......Just won't be everyday.....

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 12:06:22 PM PST
Visa Card says:
I think it's pretty cool and I see it just fine. I am planning on getting the GW-9400-1ER in the black. Very cool watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2015 12:30:14 PM PST
H. Boo says:
I have the black version....Very cool....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›