5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Strong, Big numbers - what's not to like?, November 11, 2007
Ever since I navigated my sailboat around the world using a $10 Casio watch as my primary timekeeping device (before GPS, of course) I've been a big fan of cheap Casio watches, but I have a drawer full of working ones with broken bands. The metal band cheap-o's are mostly the three-button classic with small numerals. As I get older, I need the bigger numerals. This one is absolutely perfect. At $14 it is the ultimate statement of function and substance trumping snobbery.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2009 12:42:37 PM PDT
J. Maker says:
ordering another one cuz the band broke, I would pay more for a better band but it is a great watch.large display and tough as hell except for the band...what is not like?...the old one is velcroed to the inside of my tool box lid!

Posted on May 3, 2013 11:20:46 AM PDT
N. HUNT says:
If the watch is still in decent condition and working, a replacement leather strap could extend its life for another year or two. Although, with a 10-year battery life, these are virtually a disposable item. Shame, really.

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 9:20:22 PM PDT
Brian S. says:
I have a Casio with no band from 1995-1996 that still works. Casio is the reliable brand.

Posted on Oct 4, 2013 9:41:30 AM PDT
Mr. Natural says:
I love Casio watches! I always replace the band with superlight velcro bands ... you hardly feel the watch on your wrist! This one is especially nice due to the large numerals (I'm 72, and the old eyes love the big numbers).

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 2:25:00 PM PDT
M. Nelson says:
I have seen slightly narrower metal expansion bands on Amazon for less than $10. That type of band will probably last longer than leather and maybe even longer than the watch itself.

I got a cheap digital with an expansion band on it at Walmart for about $5. It died relatively quickly. I took off the band and put it on a digital Casio. It fits well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›