Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars The Easiest, Most Sensible Plan I Have Ever Tried, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution (Hardcover)
My husband and I started this program on Sunday, 1/1/12. I have been struggling with weight for some time and have yet to find a program that made sense to me until now. The exercise regimen is quite simple despite the fact that I am currently unable to walk without the assistance of crutches and have to use a wheelchair for long distances. I am still, however, able to do the exercises--albeit modified a bit to suit my present condition. The eating plan is wonderful. It took us about 2 days to really get an understanding of it and that was it (note: it helped to write out planned meals to get a sense of how much we should be consuming). We eat well-rounded nutritious meals every day! We totally have been enjoying our cheat meals to the fullest--with no negative effects. When I diet, I always feel anxious about being hungry and missing my delicious junk food (pizza junkie), we both, however, feel completely full through the day--so much so that we struggle to get through our last meal of the day.

Another benefit of the program I have noticed is improvement in sleep quality. I use to have difficulty sleeping and would wake up feeling exhausted, but by day 4, that started to change. I had the best sleep I have ever had in some time yesterday. I actually woke up feeling refreshed. I already feel my clothing loosening and my stomach has flattened considerably. My husband, who hates the idea of dieting, who loves his coffee (6 cups a day for about 10 years) and who can't live without dessert, is doing wonderfully on it. He actually managed to stop relying on caffeine. He has stopped drinking coffee; stopped taking "no-doz" and hasn't touched an energy shot all week. He went into the program sure that he would need his caffeine and although the first day he craved it, he realized by day two that he didn't feel like he needed it.

I intended to wait a bit before posting a review, but this has been the best week I've had in a long time while trying to lose weight, and I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. When I have reached my goal weight, I will provide an update. I am scheduled to weigh myself tomorrow and based on how I feel and how loose my clothes are, I am sure the numbers are great.

Thank you, Chris Powell!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2012 12:27:46 AM PST
Thank you for posting this. I've had two surgeries in 9 months and gained a lot of weight from mandatory inactivity. You sound like you have some ailments as well and this was so helpful to hear that the exercise is doable even if you have some limitations.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 8:38:21 AM PST
chubbsy10 says:
Please keep us posted on your progress. I just started this diet 2 days ago. Hopefully I will lose the weight for good. How much weight have you lost so far?

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 8:42:18 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 14, 2012 11:58:41 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 9:29:14 AM PST
S. McQuitty says:
I'd love to see an update and maybe some tips too! I was in a car accident three years ago and have been going through periods of immobility ever since. I currently have two broken feet and a shoulder that is healing from yet another surgery. I went from being on the thin side of normal to weighing over 200 pounds and am so very frustrated. I love watching the show but had no idea that the workouts could be modified for someone like me.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 7:16:16 PM PST
chubbsy10 says:
OK. I have followed this diet for a week now. I have not lost any weight yet. Please let me know your progress because I am getting a bit discouraged.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012 5:41:25 AM PST
I have serious doubts as to the validity of this posting - it sounds like an awful lot has occurred in just 5 days! First of all, your stomach is not going to flatten "considerably" in that time period unless you've lost a ton of water weight (such as through daily hot yoga) or were eating foods that filled your stomach with gas. It's just not going to turn around that soon. Second, anyone who is addicted to caffeine as your husband was would go through caffeine withdrawal - crankiness, fatigue and headaches. Going from 6 cups a day + energy shots + No-Doz to zero stimulants overnight? Come on! There's something fishy here.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 6:45:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2012 6:50:20 AM PST
I have similar doubts. Some time ago, I tried to go from a mere four cups of coffee a day to no caffeine, and the headaches were awful - so I don't believe in the husband. As for the reviewer herself, the weight loss and tummy flattening claims are plausible if, and only if, she's been eating a very unhealthy diet of salty, fried junk food. In that case, she probably does feel a lot better on this diet - she would feel better on almost any reasonably balanced diet plan - and she may have improved her health a bit. But that doesn't mean that it's going to do much for people who are already paying attention to what they eat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 12:52:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 12:54:49 PM PST
Irongrl says:
I agree! They had me going until the part about stopping caffeine and having no problems. No way!

Reviewer sounds like a shill to me.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 5:35:30 AM PST
Thank you for posting this. Please keep us updated on your progress. I just downloaded the book to my Nook so I am just starting to read it. May God grant you and your husband success.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 12:21:06 PM PST
this a wonderful statement..........down to earth and genuine.........good to hear from people who apply the basic principles......
and are successful.....good luck to them.

david scott