3.0 out of 5 stars Great taste - poor packaging wastes k-cups, November 4, 2009
This review is from: Keurig, The Original Donut Shop, Medium Roast, K-Cup Counts, 50 Count (Grocery)
I love the taste of this coffee. But apparently they have poor quality control. These K-cups come too full and they tend to not brew properly. You can always tell when you got a bad cup, because the grounds are so packed in the cup that the water doesn't come out completely and your cup of coffee will have less liquid than you are used to. Sure enough, when you go to lift the K-cup out of the Keurig for disposal, you will find it is very heavy compared to others. We also know this is a problem with Coffee People DOnut Shop k-cups only, because my husband drinks a different brand and never has this problem.

It doesn't happen all the time, and I have found if I shake the k-cup before putting it in the Keurig, it happens less frequently, but it still happens.

I've tried ordering from Coffee People multiple times to see if it was a one time manufacturing glitch, but it appears every time I buy a box of their K-cups I have a problem with 10-15% of them.

Fortunately, another brand is offering a donut shop coffee which I tried with this last order and I find it just as pleasing.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 33 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2010 10:59:19 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 11:23:27 AM PST
Mike from PA says:
Just because you have never experienced it does not mean it is user/machine error.

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 6:24:41 AM PST
I have had this problem intermittently, so it is a genuine phenomenon.

Posted on Feb 17, 2010 3:13:09 PM PST
I also have problems with this flavor (Coffee People Donut Shop). I got many in my last batch that were overinflated. i.e. The top seal bulged outward. What happened was coffee popped out and got into the mug. I tend to add my half & half first then pump the coffee. When I'm done there are many grounds floating on top. Too much to spoon off. A wasted mug. I wrote to CP and got no reply what so ever. Greatly disappointed.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 7:22:42 AM PDT
Jason says:
I have had the same exact issue. So far, I have brewed 4 of these cups, and have had the issue twice!

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 7:20:04 AM PDT
cruisegirl says:
I agree totally. I just bought a case of these and the top foil cover allows much too big of a hole to be punctured and water gets all over the place. Unfortunately, I didn't have this trouble with my samples that came with my machine and went ahead and bought a case. As you said, there's another brand equally as nice taste-wise.

Posted on May 5, 2010 11:20:16 AM PDT
I've also had the same problem. (I think Nunja probably works for the company).

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 4:37:20 PM PDT
Shane Fenton says:
My thoughts exactly. The plastic backing on the foil is much thinner compared to the other donut shop brand, which results in a larger tear and coffee grounds coming out into your cup.

Posted on Jul 19, 2010 12:21:21 PM PDT
JuneDay says:
I never blamed the K-Cups when I had this problem but it makes sense!! I thought it was just a quality problem with the machine that depreciated over time, now that I think of it, these cups have the issue arise more often. Thanks for the review!

Posted on Aug 19, 2010 10:19:23 AM PDT
Same problem here. My "failure rate" has grown to 50% with these. The water runs all over my machine and into my cup, there are grounds floating on top of my coffee, etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›