5.0 out of 5 stars Order by hip measurement, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Rago Women's Waist Cincher (Apparel)
When I have put on other waist nippers, my reaction has been: "Yeah, I'm thinner, but I still don't have a figure." With the 821 model of the Rago, I have a WAIST! WOW!!

I purchased mine based on my hip measurement, because my jelly-belly gives me practically no waist at all, so nothing on the size chart matched up to my measurements. I made the right choice, size-wise. (NOTE: The Amazon size charts don't work for this product; had I used the Amazon charts, I would have bought too small a size; I used instead the Rago size chart and bought the correct size. Here is the Rago size info:
X Small (2-4), Hip 34, Waist 24;
3X Large (20), Hip 46, Waist 36;
4X Large (22), Hip 48, Waist 38;
5X Large (24), Hip 50, Waist 40;
6X Large (26), Hip 52, Waist 42;
7X Large (28), Hip 54, Waist 44.
You can see more pictures and info online at the HERROOM website [...]

I would post a picture, but there's no way that's happening online ;), so let me describe the effect: this reduced my waist measure noticeably, with the maximum compression to the waist, not the hip. In my case, it also pulled in my rib cage(mine is broad)& also improved my posture (which I thought was good!). Makes my figure look so much better, and the overall effect in clothing is so amazing - I swear it took YEARS off my appearance.

There was some bulging above the top (though not at the bottom), but once I put my brassiere on (which I had to tighten to the tightest hooks & I could probably wear a smaller band size when using this product), the brassiere took care of the bulge. So the bulge was not a concern.

I highly recommend that you try this product. Its design is unique in that the tapes that define the waist give you a slimmer waist as compared to other products that only squish you all over.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 12:05:35 PM PDT
Thank you for the information, it is very helpful!

Posted on May 1, 2013 11:58:07 AM PDT
I liked your review and found it helpful, but I must point out that it was unnecessary for you to reprint Rago's sizing info vs Amazon's, lest the buyer one might get a size too small. You really ought to look closer. They are exactly the same, as I have my Rago right in front of me, it is obvious. Amazon says: M=28" waist, 38" hip, Rago (it says) SIZE 28/M. It only gives the waist measurement on the garment, but as you can see they square up. But having worn it, I must also say, to really cinch your waist the way a Squeem does, you need to go down a size, it is not nearly as compressing as the Squeem, thus if you have a 28" waist, definitely buy a SIZE S/26.

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 1:06:11 PM PDT
BooBooKatie says:
Thank you for this review but I have a question for you. I've been wearing a Squeem cincher for years and love it but I've heard such good things about Rago, I wanted to try it out. When choosing a size, should I choose a size smaller than my "un-cinched" size? A size or two smaller than I actually am?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2013 5:26:35 AM PDT
L. Moskowitz says:
I am returning this cincher because the sizing is way off, no matter what this review says. I bought the XL based on my measurements and it was entirely too small. I would definitely go larger.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (317 customer reviews)

$39.00 $33.28