5.0 out of 5 stars The Peace Treaty in the Coffee-Table Wars, June 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Skylanders Adventure Case (Accessory)
Skylanders is a fantastic game, but in our household there was one huge problem...as time goes by, you find yourself with more and more Skylanders. As my daughter played the game, she needed to spread her Skylanders out, so she could group the Fire types here, the Tech types there, etc. My wife was losing her mind at all the little plastic creatures running amok on her table--as if all those remotes weren't bad enough! After a thorough lecture session in which my daughter sheepishly took to crowding her Skylanders around the portal piece, I came across this great solution.

The Skylanders Adventure Case is awesome for many reasons. First, the entire top surface unzips and rolls out as a mat. The mat has icons for each of the Skylander types, so that means that when my daughter is ready to play, she puts the bag on the floor, rolls out the mat, and groups her creatures how she needs them. Second, the case doesn't try to set up separate compartments for each Skylander, or give you a bunch of velcro pieces to build your own compartments: that would get complicated and cumbersome, given the many different sizes and shapes of each Skylander. Instead, it's just split down the middle, putting some padding between your two rows of Skylanders (and probably leaving a little more room in the bargain).

Last, and most useful in the peacekeeping process, the case can also contain the Skylanders Power Portal, that round base that goes on the coffee table when you're ready to play. It slips vertically into a pouch on one side of the case. The next thing you know, you've got everything bundled up nicely when playtime is over and it can all be stowed away out of sight until the next time. As an added bonus, the shoulder strap means she can throw this over one shoulder and easily take all her Skylanders over to a friend's house to share and play.

If your little one is raising a small army of their own, this soft-sided barracks liberates your coffee-table and helps keep the peace for your family. Some reviewers who own all 32 Skylanders indicate that the case will not hold all 32 with the Portal of Power and/or playsets added in; others say they have no problem so long as they stack their figures. Whether it holds all 32 figures is uncertain, but for now this is the best there is.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2012 6:52:11 AM PDT
Erin says:
Great review!! These things are taking over my house one by one, from the coffee table to the DVD shelves. It is a great game that my kids really enjoy. What is the maximum figurines that you were able to fit?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 7:51:44 AM PDT
Winter says:
Thanks Erin! I'm glad to hear this review was helpful to you.

To answer your question, my daughter now has approximately 23 Skylanders figurines, and it looks like we could fit 8 or 10 more. However, that's with us just putting them into the case and not worrying if they sit on top of each other. Someone who wants to keep them all sitting individually and separate them would end up storing a lot fewer Skylanders in the case.
I'm at work as I type this, so when I go home tonight I'll look over the case and experiment with just how many like-sized toys I could comfortably fit in the carry case. I'll comment again here to let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for taking a moment to comment! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 8:09:29 AM PDT
Erin says:
Thanks for the quick reply. I ordered this for my son's birthday and should be arriving today. That would be more then helpful and appreciated. I sadly found out today that in the end this case will not matter much due to the release of Skylanders Giants (8) and 8 additional figurines. LOL Thanks again!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 4:55:58 PM PDT
Winter says:
You're welcome Erin! I've done some looking and I'll be uploading some pictures to this product for you later.

From what I see, my daughter has 18 Skylanders, one playset piece (slightly bigger figure) and two potions...roughly about the size of two extra Skylanders.

If you're meticulous, you could fit two abreast in each channel, about 10 or 12 per channel, and that'd give you about 20-24 spaces. If like my daughter you just drop them in the case, then I would say the case could fit almost 40 of them. Definitely 40 (and some Giants!) if you leave the Portal of Power out of the case.

I'll try to upload the product pictures soon - that should help more people like yourself to see how this thing works!

I hope your son has a great birthday and really enjoys the case. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 5:11:08 PM PDT
Winter says:
Okay - I got 4 pictures posted. There are some people who own all the Skylanders who disagree with my guesstimate, but some of them also indicate either worry over their toys getting scratched or frustration that the playset pieces add to the space issues.

If space is an issue, I'd suggest putting the Portal of Power on a shelf somewhere until it's needed and using that space for any extra figures. You wouldn't take the Portal of Power to a friend's house anyway--you'd just want to take your figures.

Hope that helps you!

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 3:45:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 3:50:31 PM PDT
Steve says:
Apparently Erin did not read or possibly believe my review. You can get a portal, cards, 4 adventure packs, and 32 landers in this bag but that is the max. We have toys everywhere, and love it, but if you need to tighten it up a bit, this bag is it. Also, a Logitech remote would open up some that coffee table space.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 5:17:44 PM PDT
Winter says:
Thanks Steve! I've seen reviews saying it can't, but I'm glad your review was able to confirm that yes, it can hold everything. And LOL - yeah, I thought about the Logitech Harmony at one time...with as many remotes as we've collected, I'm probably overdue!

Thanks for commenting: we're now close to 30 Skylanders, plus 3 adventure packs, so I know when my daughter goes to visit our friends next weekend she'll be thrilled to know that we can cram all that in so she can play.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (180 customer reviews)

$29.99 $14.83
Reviewer

Winter
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Location: USA