5.0 out of 5 stars Phenonmenal Workout-Toruble Zones Be Gone, February 5, 2009
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zones (DVD)
I am a huge fan of the Jillian Michael's approach to fitness. I used her Shred 30 program and lost 29 pounds in two months by doing the workouts and following the diet recommended on her website. Let me start by saying I am not one of these people who just "LOVES" to workout. I do it because I need change. I tried this workout yesterday as it is available on Exercise TV/On Demand and I have to tell you, it was the most transformational exercise experience I have ever had. Jillian's coaching and motivational speak are reverberating in my head even now. For this workout you will need 3 to 5 pound weights and about an hour (trust me this hour is worth it). She starts with 5 minute warm up that is cardio and dynamic stretching infused. SHe cools down with a yoga style static stretch that is just wonderful. There are roughly (six) 7 minute segments in which you do about 5 powerful arm and leg focused or ab focused work. The intensity of the arm, ab and leg work basically guaranteed me that I am going to see the results I want to see over the next two months. I usually dont feel a burn in my glutes and hips which are a real trouble spot for me, did not have that problem this time. Working out is not really my thing, as much as wanting results and knowing I have to do it in order to get it, but the strength and euphoria I felt after doing this workout is indescribable. I recommend this to anyone who wants to believe in themselves and begin transforming themselves into the person they wish they were. This comes with the highest recommendation I can offer. I will post updates as I continue the program. GET THE DVD, its the least you could do for yourself.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2009 11:59:11 AM PST
D. Barnhart says:
I just did this program yesterday, and I don't think I've been this excited about a workout ever! Not only do you get INCREDIBLE strength work, you get that "euphoria" you mentioned. I was wondering if I was the only one who felt so good after completing this. I was not a particular fan of the Shred, but thought I'd give this a whirl. Boy am I glad I did!

Posted on Feb 13, 2009 2:09:34 PM PST
KC Summers says:
I have a question, I am considering this one and the other new DVD she has out, (the banish the fat one, or something like that). I see that you have done both workouts, and looking at the pictures, I was wondering if the circuits were the same in both DVD's? I love Jillian, and I have her 30 day shred, her books, and I did her online program. I really like the DVDs for something different, so if they are some of the same, which one do you reccommend? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2009 4:55:20 AM PST
The workouts are totally different but complimentary to eachother. I do them on alternating days. You will need the BOOST DVD to burn fat/calories and see a difference on the scale. The NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES, will help with the inches and muscle toning which will ultimately help with burning fat. I have been doing it for about 3 weeks and so far I've lost 6 to 7 pounds. I recommend them both for different reasons. Cardio is crucial but the trouble zone toning is what has helped my clothes to fit better. I wish you best of luck. If you have any other questions let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2009 4:56:10 AM PST
I agree, I have been doing it steadily for 2.5 weeks and I am down almost 7 pounds. GOOD LUCK.

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 1:43:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2009 2:54:11 PM PST
T. Smith says:
THANK you for mentioning that it is avail on On Demand Exercise TV - I am going to watch it now an matbe buy it. I'm 45 with bad knees so I always have to try vid 1st--- THX

I tried it and it is great. After reviewing many Jillian titles and finding them "beyond" my knee ability - this is the one. I did it on demand and it is tough - but do-able!

PS - I use extra padding under my knees for a small part of the video - no problem! Thanks Poster and Jillian!!!

Posted on Feb 21, 2009 10:18:32 AM PST
Hi Diamonte, I came to Amazon looking for latest JM workout videos. I saw your review to this dvd and found it quite helpful. I actually have question about 30-day shred. I have a bit of pot belly & layer of fat all over. My BMI is 23.6, which is within normal, but I'd like to lose pot belly completely. I like 30 day shred. It really kicks butt. I am not able to do with same intensity as JM & girls, but I can usually push through. Havent tried level-3 though. I will be fairly exhausted by the end of one work out, but I don't really feel much of burn. After a 10 mins of break I think I can do 1-2 mile walking easily. I lost quite a bit of fat from face and I am losing inches, but it is not showing up much on scale. I need to change something to lose pounds, but not quite sure what to do. My diet is fairly controlled. Please suggest.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 8:46:35 AM PST
Hi Ace: After reading your post I have a few suggestions. Some may apply more than other. When I first began my workout program my waist was at 38 inches, it is now about 32 inches and what I believe helped this was the diet more than the exercising. THOUGH THE EXERCISING REALLY HELPS. With the new videos I can now see a hint of a 4 pack (a few months ago I looked about 7 months pregnant so this is huge) I cut all red meat and pork out of my diet and consume nothing but water, no juice, no tea, no coffee, no flavored water etc. Pure Brita filtered water severeal times throughout the day. I saw the middle area drastically shrink within 2 to 4 weeks by doing this. The Shred program is a jumpstart to get you psychologically adjusted to the fact that you have to workout, but has to be suplemented with some other things to be extremely effective (the body can get used to anything). In addition to the Shred program I also incorporated a few other programs that have been extremely helpful. Cindy Crawfords Next Challenge and Shape your body videos (Shape your body has bad form but you can correct yourself). I also did Harvey Walden IV Celebrity Fit Club DVD, those programs will give you the burn you desire. They can be purchased pretty cheaply on Amazon.com. Because it is impossible to spot train our bodies and we sometimes can't lose fat from exactly where we want to, we have to combat it by not consuming foods that are most likely stored in that particular area. Fat from meats is most prominently stored around the midsection, so to reduce it you can't really crunch your way through it but rather not put the fats in your body that will ultimately be stored there to begin with. The quickest way that I have found to reduce midsection belly fat is to get rid of the meat and calories from liquid. If you are able to try this (if you are not already doing it) please do, I think you will soon see the results you want. Let me know. Honeysuckle Turkey products is a wonderful alternative to read meat. I honestly don't miss it because nothing tastes as good as my flat tummy feels. My email address is dhamlett2008@yahoo.com if you have any other questions. Let me know. GOOD LUCK.

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 1:42:12 PM PST
I need advice from those out there who have several Jillian videos. I have the Shred and Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism. I can't do the Banish Fat one because it has so many jumps and I live in a third floor apartment. I was disturbing several residents. Does this one, No More Trouble Zones, have less jumping?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2009 12:01:45 PM PST
Lisa,
I have two vids of her, 30-day shred and Beginner's back and front. I have been doing 30-day for over 2 months, b/c I do them on alternate days. About jumping, first you don't need to jump quite too high, may be you can jump a little but more number of times. Or add non jump cardio, like moutain climbers at the end of your workout. It is not that you have to do exactly in the given squence. I'd do say e.g. level-2, and then after about 5-7 mins it is over, I'd do level-1 warm up and only cardio for however many circuits I can do. Shadow boxing with dumbbells increases my heart rate to 86-90% of MHR, which is seriously intense. Don't try it if you can't. Build up gradually.

About jumping, not sure what kind floors you have, but I think you will create a big thud noise, if you're landing with you knees locked and on the whole of your feet. I tend to land with my knees slightly bent and my landing begins with the balls of my feet touching first and as the remaining of soles of feet start to come in contact, I will go on bending at knee such that at the end of landing, my thighs will be almost parallel to the ground. This is called soft landing. And it does not create much sound..may be a little. It is like a ninja is jumping off the roof and landing stealthily!LOL. Locked knees are very bad for knee joint on landing. Always soft knee landing. Also, jumping is plyometric training, which is intense and raises ur metabolism bigtime. You can search around and figure out some ways to do plyo without much jumping. How much do you weigh?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2009 2:10:56 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 28, 2009 7:09:55 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (1,325 customer reviews)
 (1,078)