5 of 6 people found the following review helpful
I love my Kindle 2,
This review is from: Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, U.S. Wireless) (Electronics)
This is a fantastic product for anyone with a passion for reading. Here are my thoughts on it so far:
1) Ease of use - I took it out of the box and started to use it immediately (I hadn't ever handled a Kindle before). I bought 2 books within the first 5 minutes of playing with it and have been happily reading ever since.
2) Size - It is so thin and small, smaller then I imagined from the pictures I've seen. It doesn't feel fragile but, I do feel very protective of it! I look forward to my cover getting here so I will feel confident venturing out with my Kindle 2.
3) Buttons - The page turning buttons are very easy to use, pretty much instinctual. The keyboard buttons are fine - no awkwardness in using them at all. The on/off/sleep switch is in a great place and is easy to use as well.
4) Screen - Amazing. The Eink technology is really wonderful. I'm a person who hates reading for any long period of time on a computer screen - reading the Kindle 2 is nothing like that. It really is like reading a peice of paper but with the advantage of being able to effortlessly change font size at the touch of a button. Also, the screen savers are really beautiful, the detail they managed to achieve with the 16 shades of gray is wonderful.
5) Whispernet - I live in Montana and had accepted my fate as a Kindle owner that wouldn't be able to use Whispernet. Not so! With the Kindle 2 I get great reception here in Billings and get to enjoy all the advantages of owning a Kindle. It really is amazing to be able to choose a book you want to read on your Kindle and hit "buy it now" and have that book at your fingertips within minutes!
Overall, I love my newest prized possession! I plan to enjoy it everyday and to read more then ever before. I recommend this product highly to anyone who is an avid reader.