5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse ever!, September 26, 2008
This review is from: Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi Laser Gaming Mouse (Banshee Blue) (Personal Computers)
I've been using a Copperhead for a while now. What I liked about the Copperhead was the precision and neutral hand orientation is friendly to us lefties. I thought my Copperhead was dying because I couldn't get the drivers to work so I ordered the Lachesis as a replacement.

Logitech has surpassed 2000dpi, but they have yet to offer the same smoothness as the Diamondback not to mention the Copperhead, which completely negates the purpose of 3200DPI.

This mouse is 4000dpi and offers the same smoothness only at higher resolution.

I was initially worried that I might have some problems with lift off, and jumpiness. The mouse shipped with firmware 1.64, and I upgraded to 1.75. Neither firmware had a problem.

The "lift off" movement was no more than 10-20% worse than any other laser mouse which is barely noticeable. Considering the precision, you can't ask for any better than that - plus with this kind of precision, do you really need to lift the mouse? The days of the ball mice are over!

The buttons on the side of the mouse are easier to reach than the copperhead as well.

I'm still getting used to the shape vs the Copperhead, but so far I do not find it any more or less comfortable, I'm just so used to the Copperhead that I'm surprised when I put my hand on something else. My initial reaction is "who cut the sides off my mouse", but overall the feel is close.

I use it with an eXactmat and the Lachesis works excellent on both sides.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 18, 2009 6:25:16 AM PDT
Derbydano says:
Any updates on your comparison vs. the Copperhead? I'm a lefty and a long time Copperhead user. I'm concerned about the comfort vs. Copperhead. Oh and have you had any of the drivers/firmware issues with the Lachesis like with the Copperhead?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2013 9:21:59 AM PDT
Dean Swiatek says:
Sorry I missed this earlier.

My current PC has issues similar to the Copperhead with the latest firmware where occasionally I need to unplug it and plug it back in to correct choppiness. It didn't always have that issue and most firmwares have been solid, minus the latest one which I should roll back but have been too lazy.

When I got the Lachesis, I had to re-adjust how I hold the mouse. It's longer and flatter and took me a couple weeks to test used to but after using the same mouse for years, it feels very natural to me. I have large hands as well so someone with smaller hands may be used to holding the mouse with a flat-hand.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (136 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $145.00