5.0 out of 5 stars if you havent seen FRINGE before, then I envy you!, March 5, 2010
This review is from: Fringe: The Complete Second Season (Amazon Instant Video)
This review covers my sentiments for SEASON 1 and SEASON 2. Its a good series in season 1 from pilot to episode 6 or 7......and then STRAP YOURSELF IN cuz its going to get way way way better from that point on.

Think LOST in SEASON 1. Thats Fringe. nothing to do with the story lines But with the excitement and anticipation each episode brings. Well mostly each episode. Yes sometimes they'll do an episode that doesnt advance the story line of the SERIES - which drives me nuts btw - but even in those few episodes, the story you will see in that episode will be greatly entertaining and leave you wanting more.

DO NOT start watching this at 11pm if you have an early morning. There is no way you will start and not watch at least three episodes. maybe if you are strong willed you might be able to just watch one or two among the first 6 episodes of season 1. But DO NOT TRY it with starting your viewing late in the evening with an episode that is after 6 of season 1. If you do that, I promise You WILL BE WATCHING 5 episodes back to back before you know it.

You have been warned...........

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 28, 2010 5:05:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 28, 2010 12:16:15 PM PDT
Valentina says:
There was no Season 2 when I wrote:
"........do you know why Season 2 is not being sold? I see it nowhere and Season 3 begins this week!"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2010 6:28:14 PM PDT
You're wrong. This is still season 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2010 4:21:17 AM PDT
JCF says:
Is season 2, it just they splitted the episodes for a break.

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 6:16:06 AM PDT
Bill Holmes says:
Amazon makes it a liittle confusing by listing the episodes available to watch online; people sometimes misinterpret that as the content of the DVD. There are at least 20 episodes this season. Guidlines forbid me posting the link but go to TV dot com and search for Fringe and you will find the complete episode guide.

I'm glad they're not splitting it into Part 1 and Part 2 like so many programs do these days. A season is a season is a season no matter how long it takes to show it.

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 2:55:30 PM PDT
lol... i think you meant pity. sry, it sounded funny. anyways, it is a phenomenal work of genius...(at this point, i full heartedly believe that J.J. Abrams can do NO wrong... everything he touches turns to gold. First LOST, then Fringe and Star Trek... the man is on an unstoppable roll.) -shakes head-... (and yes, it's still on season 2.. there have only been 18 episodes(as of april 18th) and the season finale is supposed to be its 22nd episode.. so there you go) John Noble... someone please hand that man an emmy....

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 1:28:23 AM PDT
G. October says:
You hit the nail on the head! We've been catching up on Season 1 from netflix and end up staying up all night watching episodes back to back, then are sorry when we have to wait for the next disc! Great new show. Great characters. Definately leaves you wanting more!

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010 9:27:13 PM PDT
Matt says:
I don't entirely agree with your review. Maybe I'm just strong willed but I don't find myself needing to watch multiple episodes in a row. The most I think I've watched in a row so far is only two. But I do really like the show...so, it's not like I don't like it. In fact I would rate this in my Top 10 favorite shows of all time I think.

@G. October,

That's weird you need to wait for discs. Unless it's because of the area you're in. But I put started getting Season 1 around April 15th or so, and I haven't had to wait for a disc yet. And now I'm on the very last disc. And I check my Netflix every other day, if not daily, and I never noticed it saying any waiting time for any of the Fringe discs...they always said available for shipping. It might be the area though.

Posted on May 16, 2010 7:36:34 PM PDT
Ron Israel says:
I agree. I heard folks speak of FRINGE. Then a customer really hyped it up to me. So I went to BBuster and got a few discs. Got crazy and and ordered Season One through Amazon. Got through the rentals and my delivery came pronto. The weekend came and just as you said, but non stop. blew through season one then checked out Amazon's online shows. Am hooked, indeed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2010 9:04:10 AM PDT
William, I agree with you. It is very confusing programming (different from the norm) schedule. The Amazon episode purchase listing will confuse a lot of people. IMHO- The second half of season 2 is worth the cost of the whole season. Look forward to season 3- there are many directions they can take with Olivia/Olivialternate- hope they show that she is inherently good and not just a soldier for her side.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2010 9:06:47 AM PDT
Noble has really stepped up and salvaged the series in the second half of season 2. Now we know why Walter had the brain surgery- he was smart enough not to become the Secretary of this side.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (1,720 customer reviews)
 (1,442)