2.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but only while it lasted, January 23, 2008
This review is from: Sharp Aquos LC46D64U 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV (2008 Model) (Electronics)
I had the Sharp Aquos LC46D64U 46" 1080p LCD HDTV since the Black Friday sale I was very impressed with it until the dreaded "Blinking Green Power Light Syndrome" struck. My TV powered off by itself and and will not power back on. I did a quick search on the internet and found out that I am not alone with this problem. The TV repair shop will take the TV for repair tomorrow and we'll see how long it last after the repairs.

UPDATE:

TV came back from the repair shop, worked for 2 minutes and then died again - blinking green light. I hope this thing can get fixed and stay fixed for the Superbowl. BTW, the repair shop replaced 3 inverters and the power supply.

MORE UPDATE:

The repair shop called and suggested that I reset the TV by:

1. Unplug the TV
2. Keep the Channel Down and Volume Up button pressed at the same time, then plug in the power cord.
3. If you hear a click when you plugged it in, chances are you had successfully re-set the TV.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2008 6:11:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2008 6:12:27 PM PDT
So what happened...did it re-set and solve the blinking green light problem?

Posted on May 27, 2008 8:20:40 AM PDT
Babs says:
Just wondering if the problem has been corrected. Are you happy with this tv now? Barbstack@hvc.rr.com

Posted on Jul 20, 2008 12:15:15 PM PDT
Maiz_Maiz says:
Your review is like a movie with no end.
Did the reset trick worked or not?

Posted on Sep 19, 2008 7:47:48 PM PDT
Shorty says:
What a sin.... he left us hanging...The Guiding Light (green) of TVs...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2008 6:04:30 AM PDT
Another month, still no answer, :(

Posted on Nov 15, 2008 3:26:30 PM PST
Mrs. T says:
This review saved me from having to return my new Sharp 32" LCD! Exactly 1 week ago I purchased a great looking Sharp, my first LCD... All was great until this morning; Blinking power light, no picture. Tried the usual unplugging and waiting. After surfing reviews online, I thought it was dead. Somehow I found this review, and tried the re-setting. Worked like a charm!!! Thank you!!!!!!! Hopefully this will not be a regular problem with the set....

Posted on Nov 29, 2008 2:45:41 PM PST
Maple says:
The reset tip really helped. I got this TV 3 days ago and encountered this dreaded blinking green power light syndrome. I am glad that I saw this blog and tried out the reset tip as mentioned above. Certainly, if this problem happens frequently in the next a few days, I will return this TV and get a replacement.

Posted on Dec 8, 2008 9:27:40 AM PST
Caroline says:
Did you ever get the set fixed? We have the same problem and it's out of warranty and not sure if we should spend the $600 and then have it go bad again. We could almost buy another set for that amount.

Posted on Dec 10, 2008 8:00:35 PM PST
cmcarey says:
So the trick definitely ficks the blinking light. But now my tv still just shuts off about 30 seconds of being on. This is the first day we have the tv. Not a good way to start.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 1:51:18 PM PST
sonicgroov says:
To add to the above poster, the picture turns off (screen goes black). The audio still comes through. This happened right out of the box. What the heck? Nice quality control Sharp.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (49 customer reviews)

Out of stock