5.0 out of 5 stars Best fit ever!, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Levi's Women's Classic Bold Curve ID Straight Leg Jean (Apparel)
I've never been able to find jeans that fit in the seat and the waist at the same time--always with a huge gap in the waist that sometimes can barely be cinched shut with a belt. I found out about Levi's Curve ID jeans and took their quiz and came out as "Bold Curve" one day and "Supreme Curve" the other day (rounding error?). I went with the Bold Curve because I prefer a mid-rise... and Amazon's reduced price.

I followed the size chart guidelines on Levi's website and they are PERFECT. Fit like a glove and are very flattering! And they don't have the ridiculous holes and abrasions that have been in style lately! (The whiskering on the "Rocking Blue" wash isn't very noticeable, either.)

When I first put them on they dug into my waist a little when I sat, but they soon molded to my shape. Today is the fourth day in a row I've worn them, and they haven't sagged out of shape at all. The material feels like good, sturdy jeans material with a bit of stretch. The inseam is 31.5", which is a little shorter than I usually wear, but they're fine with flats, tennies, and of course tucked into boots, which all I really wear anyway.

In short, I am extremely pleased and plan on buying more and making these the only jeans I wear.

The only drawback is that the pockets are shallow, almost too shallow to fit my cell phone... but that's the case in almost all women's pants these days, unfortunately.

*****EDIT: I ordered a pair in the "Raindrop" wash and there are small "fashion" abrasions--so heads up if you're avoiding those. They are quite small and not very noticeable. Also, the labels apparently have the inseams wrong: so far I've ordered 3 pairs of these jeans and (according to the labels) they've come in 30", 31" and 32" inseams, but in reality they're all the same length. I used an actual measuring tape to get the 31.5" measurement I mentioned above.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 10, 2011 8:11:59 AM PDT
How did you translate sizes from the Levi's site to Amazon? I checked Levi's size chart, and it is very minimal, and different jeans are sized differently on their site, like 28W vs. 4 for different styles. And on Amazon I only see 3,5,7 etc. It's very frustrating! I don't know what size to use.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 12:08:42 PM PDT
Anniushka says:
I went to the Levi's site and found the closest product to the one offered on Amazon--in this case, the "Classic Bold Curve Straight Jeans" (exact same product)--and used the size chart for that specific product. The sizing scheme for this product is the same on Amazon as it is on Levi's website (even number sizes--6, 8, 10, etc.), though the Levi's website also offers the conversion to the size in inches (e.g. 10 = 30). Sorry I can't comment on styles other than the Curve ID jeans.

If your confusion is about translating even-numbered sizes to odd-numbered sizes, the odd numbers are for junior's sizing and they follow the same trajectory as the even numbers. That is, size 9 (junior's) is between 8 and 10 (misses') and so forth.

The Levi's size chart works even though it's minimalistic (uses only the seat measurement). If you enter your measurements in the Curve ID quiz and get your proper fit, then your seat measurement is all you need to find what size you need in that fit. Do use the "8 inches below your natural waistline" definition of "seat," rather than using the measurement around the widest part of your seat. It worked perfectly for me. Then again, maybe it wouldn't work if you have an especially long or short waist, or are very tall or short (I'm 5'8).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.6 out of 5 stars (43 customer reviews)

Out of stock