20 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Good Value But Needs Instructions,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Square Perfect 1002 Sp160 Variable Power Professional Studio Flash Set Photography Studio Kit with Photo Lighting Strobes Stands (Electronics)
For an amateur photographer looking to take better family portraits, a college student taking a few classes or a company wanting to get some basic product pictures done, this will do the job well. The biggest problem with the unit is that the instructions for setup are nearly non-existent. It would also be nice if they would include another wireless receiver so both lights could be run wireless from the camera. These run around $20-30 online right now and it's an add-on I highly recommend.
Stands are sturdy but are lightweight. I'd recommend rigging the stand to the ground somehow, if you were to attempt an outdoor shoot where there is any wind. Flash recharge time is good, for the price.
Instructions for installing the Softbox Four Panel Tents - (written by me to help others, no promise that the names I use for pieces are the correct technical names. It's a hard to describe process, especially without pictures, but hopefully this helps someone)
Take inventory of items, for each Softbox you will need:
4 Flexible rods
1 Black Mounting Bracket (The piece that attaches to the light, it should have 4 screws)
1 Black Cover with Elastic (On my product they say "Square Perfect" on the side)
1 White Front Cover
1) With the Mounting Bracket detached from the light, take your Black Cover and install the elastic circle between the square face and the mounting screws on the mounting bracket. This will leave you with the larger opening facing the same way as the square opening of the mounting bracket.
2) One at a time, take a flexible rod and place the larger metal end inside one of the round mounting holes on the mounting bracket. These are located on the corner backside of the the square face of the mounting bracket. Next firmly guide the other end of the flexible rod into the small velcro pocket located on the appropriate corner of the black cover. The tension in the rod should feel similar to setting up a tent. Save the corner with the larger piece of Velcro on the Black Cover for last, for easier installation.
2a)On the final rod with Black Cover corner with the larger piece of velcro, try running the smaller metal end of the flexible rod through the hole first then mounting the larger end into the mounting bracket. After that fold and secure the velcro to itself to hold the rod into place.
3) Place the White Front Cover over each corner of the Black Cover and further secure by using the pre-installed Velcro on all 4 sides.
4) Mount onto the light using the Black Mounting Bracket screws.
5) Repeat all steps for the second Softbox then fix yourself a cool refreshing beverage.