Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

3.0 out of 5 stars CASE IS GOOD BUT SLEEP / WAKE FUNCTION DIDNT WORK AT ALL, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Blurex Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet -- With built in Multi-Angle Stand + Premium Screen Protector Film (Clear),black (Personal Computers)
The case is a nice quality, fits the Nexus 7 great and is very slim and nice to hold. I was disappointed that the sleep/wake function did not work at all. I checked my tablet settings, turned it on/off and tried a few different things to make sure it wasnt my own error. At the end of it, it still didn't work at all, not even if I pressed really hard down on the case. Maybe some have no magnets or have extremely weak magnets? I thought this issue was fixed, which is why I purchased the case.

I would have given more stars based on the case alone, but if they have quality control issues with the sleep/wake function, it doesn't give me too much hope for the rest of the case,. especially since on the amazon listing it stated that the sleep/wake issue was fixed.

I almost didn't want to send it back, since I could just hit the power button, but something about buying something that states it has a particular feature, then that feature not working, just felt wrong, so I'm RMA'ing back to Amazon! Sucks having to wait for it to get returned, then get refunded, then buy another!

****UPDATE -- please read my comment below, as after taking the case on and off, the sleep/wake function is now working for some reason.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 1:50:12 AM PST
Same thing happened to me with the RooCase that I paid $29.99. I was almost going to keep it, but I really want the sleep / wake feature. Was almost going to get this one, but read your review and others then thought better of it. Thanks for writing your review.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 10:07:51 AM PST
Hyest says:
Hey Daniele!

Well you know, i have no idea how this happened, but so last night i still had the case on and was playing need for speed. For some weird reason I was trying to steer by pulling and pushing the tablet towards and away from me (you are supposed to steer like a normal wheel down and up), so I thought damn, why is the case blocking the steering function. So I took off the case and messed with the tablet again, til I realized that I was steering wrong (stupid I know but it must have been late). So anyways I put the case back on (didnt do anything particular to the case) and when I shut the case the tablet turned off. Then I opened it and the tablet turned on.

It seems like the case is working now, tested again this morning. I have no idea how taking the case off then putting it back on made it work, but it is working now...

It is really a nice case, and doesnt get in the way much when using the tablet. But again still confused as to why it did not work when I first had it, and now it does. There were a select few other reviews of the sleep/wake not working, but who knows, maybe its something we were doing, all I know is its working great now...

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:54:42 PM PST
A. Paek says:
re-adjusting the case worked for me as well. Thanks. I was gonna return this case had it not been for your post. Very helpful, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 7:29:28 PM PST
K. Smith says:
I have tried to turn case around but it only made the on and off not work at all. So I'm still confused how or which way to turn it to work.??

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2013 11:47:26 AM PDT
Dan H. says:
Had the same problem-didn't work at all and was disappointed until I read these posts-just took it out of the case and turned it around and voila! Works perfectly...In case you want to know which way it will work, the power button and volume controls need to be on the bottom when you flip it up to open...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›