4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
Great insights for managing change in a small package.,
This review is from: Point B: A Short Guide to Leading a Big Change (Paperback)
Subtitled A Short Guide to Leading a Big Change, this practical, hands-on book starts with the timely quote - "People don't resist change. They resist being changed." Bregman, CEO of a leadership development and change management firm, presents 7 key steps for managing change in any organization, providing specific examples and clearly defined guidelines through this insightful book.
Here are his 7 themes:
1. Share the story. Include Content, Context and Confidence.
2. Keep everything simple (includes his JETS trademark - Just Enough To Start).
3. Get it half right. The program isn't the point. The point of the program is the point.
4. Integrate the change, Create a supportive environment.
5. Provide on-going support (includes his trademarked coaching model QUICC - Question, Understand, Identify, Choose and Contract).
6. Build in feedback. Help them manage their own change.
7. Use the partner system. Change sticks when both people and their environment changes.
According to Bregman, people who change embody three key attributes - Ownership, Capability and Persistence. Providing the opportunity for each employee to be engaged in the change is the key.