Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars An Edge for the Older Gardener, June 8, 2002
This review is from: Fiskars Garden Bucket Caddy, Bucket Not Included (9424) (Lawn & Patio)
My wife has a green fist! Yes, I know the cliche is: "my wife has a green thumb." Every living plant, vine, bush or tree she touches in her garden or around the house grows, thrives, and reproduces. Indeed, even slips from someone else's garden bursts into life when she transplants it.
Our little garden out back is a riot of color and variety and only a year ago it was a dry plot of deep, impenatrable lifeless clay. Today people suck in their breath when they walk out the patio door into her "Eden" (my name for the space).
But my wife is about to turn 70. She is plagued with migraine headaches, vertigos and is having a long convelescence from a fall that broke many things. She is slower, more deliberate in pace. Stooping is a hazard and so is running back and forth for tooks.
But out she goes each day to trim, water, admire and talk to her growing things. She needs an assistant or attendent who makes her chores less painful. The bucket caddy and a little army surplus stool fit the bill.
She sits on the little canvas stool and places the caddy next to her with all her favorite tools, plant foods and mysterious sprays. She waters from that position.
There is less pain in her day, less worry and so the lucious colored and growing things thrive and spread and even march up the outside walls of our house. For 50 years she nourished and nurtured the lives of young children in the class room, now she continues in her garden. People like my wife should have all the convenient and proper tools they need for their work for they are part of ongoing creation which benefits us all.
Her husband? Even a silk plant dies in his office! Thanks for creating a thoughtful helpmate with this product for my wife.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2007 4:42:08 PM PST
What a delightful story you've told to share how this simple product has helped your wife continue to work in the garden she loves.

Posted on May 17, 2008 7:56:27 AM PDT
You may not have a "green" thumb, but you certainly have a poetic heart. And your love for your wife is deeply heartful. Thank you for sharing this .... oh, and I just might buy that handy caddy myself!

Posted on Jun 16, 2008 9:58:36 AM PDT
What an absolutely lovely way to describe how much you care for your wife and her talent for growing living things. When I use this bucket (that I am going to order) I will think of how much it has come to the aid of someone who refuses to give up being connected to nurturing life.

Posted on Aug 4, 2008 12:46:44 PM PDT
Beautiful review! Thank you.

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 10:22:53 PM PDT
Alice Wang says:
What a truly, thoughtful review. I didn't think I would get a tear in my eye from reading a review on gardening tools. Your love for your wife shows, and your story about life is so touching. This was so much more than just a product review.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 7:55:23 AM PDT
Suzanne664 says:
What a beautiful story. You and your wife both are artists and wonderful people. Thank you for adding a bit of "Eden" and encouragement to my day. I've always loved to garden, but now I'm having physical problems that have made activity more difficult. I couldn't work in my garden last year (my health and caregiving a relative) and weeds and grass got into it (not overgrown, but not as nice as it was). My spoiled neighbors have not been kind. I'm determined this year to bring it back to a place of beauty -- not for the mean neighbors, but for my own pleasure. But, the thought of dealing with my physical problems and being judged made the idea depressing. Your post has honestly brought the thought of the joy of my garden back to me -- I'm not dreading the task, I'm looking toward it with pleasure again and know there are tools out there that can help me do it. Bless you for this lovely and encouraging post.

Posted on Jul 9, 2009 7:02:07 PM PDT
This has to be the best review I've ever read. Not because of its sentence structure or organization, but because of your clear respect and admiration for the woman you love, and have chosen to spend the rest of your life with. Thank you for your contribution -- it benefited me and many other people who didn't take the time to comment. I truly hope her garden thrives for years to come.

-Sean

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 4:40:40 AM PDT
flyer says:
I warmed up when I read your thoughtful words, and decided to comment before I saw there were already seven. I'm buying this for my partner of seven years. We're in our forties, and just beginning to feel the aches and limitations that will slow us down.

The place in the world which turns on her joy is the garden, and being among plants. She's content, happy to propagate the cuttings she's "liberated" from others' gardens, and to tend to the flowers, bushes, and vegetables. She receives renewal and respite from the tending to people's bodies in the often stupefyingly stressful and crazy health care system she must work within.

I hope to be her assistant for several more decades, and this bucket organizer will save me fumbling with tools between the shed and the beds.

Posted on Jan 31, 2010 2:33:04 PM PST
MamaChamp says:
That was so beautiful to read. Thank you for writing!

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 11:02:10 AM PST
Marmy says:
Well, you may not be much of a gardener but you surely are a wonderful writer! I believe you have the talent to turn even the humblest of stories into a wonderfully readable piece! Uncap that pen (or plant yourself in front of that computer) and begin!!
Have a wonderful Christmas with your beloved wife!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›