5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size Screen, Snappy ICS 4.0, Great Phone, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, Blue 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The US version of the phone differs as it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor with 1.5 GHz Dual-Core CPUs, while the the rest of the hardware specs are the same as the international version.

I switched from an HTC EVO 4G to get this phone and so far it's been great! Here are the things I like about the phone:

* The phone is a nice size, it's lighter than my HTC EVO 4G.
* The processor is one of the fastest US released Android phone, and it comes with 2 GB of RAM.
* I played around with the camera and video camera and the quality is great in my opinion. (I'll post some pics or a video later.)
* The ICS 4.0 is really snappy and it opens up applications quickly.
* It comes with Google Wallet. I signed up and got a free $10 to use. (I'm going to McDonald's to test it out!)
* I've only use the S Voice application a few times, but it seems to be just like Siri on my wife's iPhone 4S.
* It comes with a micro SD slot in case more space is needed to save pictures, videos, etc.
* You can change out the battery if needed.
* Battery life last twice as long compared to my HTC EVO 4G.

Now for some cons:

* This is carrier related and not the phone itself, but the 4G LTE is not all in all areas so be sure to check your carrier if internet speeds is a deciding factor in purchasing this phone. If not you'll be stuck with 3G speeds.
* The phone is so nice, that I baby it all the time!

I was on the fence about getting this phone or the HTC EVO 4G LTE aka HTC One X. The main things that I like over the the Samsung Galaxy 3 over the HTC EVO 4G LTE is that it comes with the Micro SD slot and also the battery can be changed if it ever goes bad.

I love this phone! :)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 15, 2012 4:16:46 PM PDT
VicAriel says:
Sounds great. I wish I could get my fingers on one. Where did you find the Blue 32GB? Verizon, Amazon and Best Buy haven't had it in stock.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 7:24:33 PM PDT
BelleBelle says:
I was really drawn to this in depth review and was considering buying the 32GB Samsung Galaxy SIII phone...but after reading around on this site... I noticed the "exact same" review and reviewer on the 16 GB Samsung Galaxy SIII phone. What is going on here? I would like to know that I can come to an Amazon review site and get honest reviews. Does this person own both the 16 GB phone and the 32 GB Samsung Galaxy SIII phone?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 7:29:01 PM PDT
BelleBelle says:
This person has posted on several dates on this phone in the 16 GB version and the 32 GB version. You might want to read through and see if someone else has reviewed this phone. I was considering getting this until I saw this under both 16 and 32 and for different dates. Word for word review.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 8:28:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2012 8:29:15 PM PDT
Thanks for your comment BelleBelle. I posted this in multiple areas in Amazon as the Samsung Galaxy 3 is the exact same phone no matter what US carrier you choose. The only difference would possibly be the internet speeds depending on the carrier you choose. Also for some reason, Amazon doesn't seem to know this and consolidate all the reviews into one. I hope that clears up some of the confusion.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (13 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $104.77