5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV with Internet Applications, September 8, 2010
This review is from: VIZIO XVT323SV 32-Inch Full HD 1080p LED LCD HDTV with VIA Internet Application, Black (Old Version) (Electronics)
Great TV for a great price. I bought it at Sam's Club for $598. I bought it to watch movies and TV shows in my garden as it requires no cable connections to stream TV programs and movies. I also use it as a computer screen with my Mac. USB outlets don't work yet but according to some reviews they will be operational by the end of this year with a firmware update. I like everything about this TV. It's the best one I've ever owned. Netflix, Vudu, Amazon VOD work without a glitch. It has a bluetooth connection for a remote and headsets.

I don't understand the other reviewer who couldn't watch Netflix on it. It works great with this TV but you need a subscription to Netflix to be able to use it. Vudu movies stream in various resolution and you pay per movie. Again, you need to sign up online with your credit card to be able to use it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 13, 2010 12:53:51 PM PDT
I haven't succeeded in understanding how to use this television with no cable connections. I have the 26" version in my bedroom, and have just ordered the 32" (the largest my current entertainment center can accommodate) for my family room. Like many of my male counterparts, I don't usually spend much time reading instructions, as I'm pretty tech savvy, but I need to delve a little deeper to utilize all the capabilities of this television. I truly do love the picture quality on my 26" version. I truly couldn't believe a tv that small could deliver such a high quality picture, which is why I chose the 32" version. Any helpful hints would be appreciated!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 2:48:44 PM PDT
AK says:
First of all you need Vizio XVT Series HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps™ (VIA). Secondly, you have to have a WiFi in your house. Thirdly if you want to stream movies you have to have an account with Netflix, Vudu or Amazon VOD (coming to Vizio in December). Turn your Tv on and click VIA button on your remote then follow on-screen instructions. Your computer and TV must both be connected to the Internet to activate. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 2:52:20 PM PDT
Thanks. I do have the right TV. However, when I've tried to use the Internet Apps, I've had my laptop shut down. I have verified that the tv is connected to my wireless network. I'll give it a try now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 3:04:09 PM PDT
AK says:
Turn your TV on, click "Menu" on your remote, Go to "Network Connection" in your menu options and select your "Wireless Access Point", enter your network password and wait for a confirmation from your TV.
After "Network Connection" is set up your TV is connected to the internet. Then click "VIA" button to connect to your internet Apps.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2010 3:46:07 PM PDT
Thanks. That worked.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 8:41:24 PM PST
GErardo says:
Does netflix streaming work with this TV? some customers are saying this TV is not compatible with netflix :S

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 11:05:19 PM PST
AK says:
Yes, Netflix does work with this tv as well as VUDU and Amazon on demand. I use it all the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 8:28:52 PM PST
Bee says:
I can also confirm that Netflix and Amazon Video on Demand work perfectly. I don't know why people are saying that it doesn't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 6:11:53 AM PST
GErardo says:
Thanks for the reply! I have received my tv it's pretty awesome! netflix works great ;)

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 9:29:08 PM PST
Bpollen says:
This TV doesn't have a VGA connection, so how do you connect with some computers? Or do you have to be wireless to use this TV as a second monitor?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›