4.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Lots of fun! (once you get the choreography down), August 15, 2010
This review is from: Dance with Julianne: Just Dance! (DVD)
As a DWTS fan, and owning Julianne's first DVD, I HAD to get this one.

This is Julianne's contemporary dance DVD workout, so no ballroom here. Again there is a warm up, cooldown and three dance segments, with a breakdown tutorial of the moves.

The three dance sections are: Work It, Flaunt It and Pump It. Each section features techno-y dance music, and starts with one move to add another etc until the routine is complete.

I have to be honest the first time I did this DVD, I wasn't too thrilled. I thought it was very difficult, and the steps were hard to get down, and yes I did watch the tutorial and I didn't find it a big help. I learn more by just doing the dance than breaking it down slowly; I learn more by doing the routine at full speed rather than a slow breakdown of the steps. But the first time, while the DVD was fun I found the choreo frustrating.

I gave it a second chance because it did my heart pumping the first time and LOVED it!! My advice to anyone doing this is don't worry about doing it perfect everytime. Just have fun with the moves, which are truly "music video" worthy. Don't worry how you look, don't worry if it's perfect just go with it and you will get a great workout! Some examples: in the "Flaunt It" routine you have to do kind of a drag running step which is impossible on a carpet so I just adjusted it and did what I could. And even though I have previous dance experience (about 25 years worth) I know the difference between an experienced dancer (myself) and a professional one (Julianne) So do the moves to the best of your abilties, remember you're not Julianne, and don't hurt yourself!

All in all this is a great workout and since it is so much fun the time flies by and by the end of it I am dripping sweat and didn't even realize it!

Excellent buy, so worth it!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2010 6:41:47 AM PDT
YogaGirl says:
This isn't available until novemeber. Where did you buy it?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2010 6:58:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 16, 2010 6:59:30 AM PDT
mcel says:
I follow a Fitness DVD site and in the forums someone stated that Target was selling this DVD as well as others that weren't due to be released til Sept or later, such as Bob's Harpers and the new Jennifer Galardi Hip Hop DVD.
So when I went to my local Target, there they were!! I grabbed as many as I could, including Julianne's. (I just couldn't wait until November!!) I've seen Target do this before, last year I purchased Jackie Warner's latest DVD about a month before Amazon had it in stock. So try your local Target in the sports/fitness section, they just might have them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2010 11:30:55 AM PDT
YogaGirl says:
Thank you. No target in my area. So I'll just have to wait :(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.3 out of 5 stars (157 customer reviews)

$14.98 $7.36