Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

4.0 out of 5 stars good price, good boot..so far., November 30, 2011
This review is from: Columbia Sportswear Women's Bugaboot Plus Cold Weather Boot (Apparel)
I am a courier for Fedex. I live in Michigan so I need a good boot to keep my feet warm in the winter.
I will be honest, I swore to never buy another pair of Columbia boots for work..ever. In the last 6 years I have had 3 pairs of Columbia boots blow out on me within the first 3 months of wear, the last pair went about two weeks after I got them. Many of the drivers complained of this and after contacting Columbia with them showing little concern I said never again.
The Northface boots I got 2.5 years ago are holding up well but losing their traction. So after finding they no longer make the boots I loved..I started searching around and came up with Columbia again.
It looks as though they have changed some details on these boots, they are lighter, different insulation and what looks like a sturdier outershell.
Because of the price and discount I got I (against my better judgment)ordered a pair.
We had our first big snow today ( I got the boots yesterday ) and I got to try them out.
I wore them for 10 hours today. They were very comfortable, light, a little stiff ( but hey, they are brand new ) and very warm. I was in and out of my truck all day. Walked through 8 inches of snow mutiple times, walked through slush.... they were great. Didn't leak at all and my feet stayed warm.
So, I am giving them a good review, for now. I will come back later (after a couple months ) and comment as to whether they are holding up or if they have busted a seam like the previous boots.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 9:58:38 AM PDT
Ophelia says:
so how did they turn out in the long run?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:24:15 PM PDT
They were great! Never leaked, very comfortable...all in all a good buy. Two other couriers bought the same exact boot after seeing mine, and both are happy with them. So I am sticking with the good rating :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:39:01 PM PDT
Eagle Eyes says:
Thanks for the Buganews. ;)

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 5:18:56 AM PST
Jim says:
I;m looking for a warm lite weight water proof comfortable boot..sounds like this boot fills the bill..any feed backback ..appreceiate it

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2012 7:57:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 7:58:01 AM PST
They are still holding up well, although we haven't had the snowy weather to really test them. I haven't had to wear them as much as I have other winter boots in the past. I think they are a good buy. Not super light, a littl clunky, but for the money...not bad. My favorites are still the Northface (Snowcats..that they don't make anymore) but I am still sticking with the good rating on the Columbias :0)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 10:16:15 PM PST
mich says:
Thanks Kimberly, I too am a courier for fedex in New Mexico and am searching for that perfect boot. I have a route up in the mountains near a ski resort. Thanks for the help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 3:06:00 AM PST
Your welcome! I hope you find one that keeps your feet warm and dry. There is nothing worse then working all day with cold wet feet. :)

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 5:31:47 AM PST
I just wanted to add an update. The boots are STILL holding up well. They did end up sitting out most of 2013 because I worked inside for the bigger part of the year, I only wore them for the occasional sledding run etc. But, I am back out delivering and have worn them everyday since (In snow up to 16 inches deep) and they are doing great! I wear a thin knee high sock with a sport crew sock over it and have no complaints about my feet being cold. They haven't leaked at all. I do wear gaiters with them for the really deep snow. But, overall....very glad I got them. I am on today because another courier (that would make 4 now ) wanted me to order her a pair. Great job Columbia!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2014 11:18:28 AM PST
How is the fit? Especially with thick socks..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2014 1:40:50 PM PST
I would buy at least a half size up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›