1.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk does not honor warranty, March 7, 2011
This review is from: SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card (SDSDX3-008G-P31) (Personal Computers)
I purchased a SanDisk Extreme III 8gb card. I installed it in my Sony DSC-TX7 camera and went on vacation. When I returned, I removed the card to install on my laptop. When I opened the battery/SD door and ejected the card, the card came out along with black pieces of plastic. When I closely inspected the pieces of plastic they came from the front edge of the memory card. The card was actually coming apart.

I contacted SanDisk and told them of the problem. This is where the real problem started. SanDisk asked me to send them pictures of the defective card. The card is so small that I could not get good pictures without Macro capability. I do not have that on my Sony camera. I took the best pictures I could and sent them in. I got an email back that my case had been escalated to a higher level and the response was that SanDisk is not responsible for mis-use of memory cards. I had only inserted and removed the card once from my camera. I hardly consider that mis-use.

I find that SanDisk is not customer oriented! They would rather contest a minor product complaint than satisfy a customer complaint. Their warranty is worthless. I will never purchase another SanDisk product again. It is not so much the problem with their product as their attitude towards their customers. If you buy a product from this company, don't expect them to honor their warranty or try to satisfy you as a consumer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2011 11:45:44 PM PST
You stated "SanDisk asked me to send them pictures of the defective card. The card is so small that I could not get good pictures without Macro capability. I do not have that on my Sony camera". First off, yes your camera does have macro capability (Page 56 of your user manual). Second, your Sandisk card has nothing to do with your ability or disability to take macro photos. Perhaps the "blame" lies with not reading your manual? Or a defect in your camera? If Sandisk cards were "falling apart" wouldn't at least one other user have reported that? It seems the majority of Sandisk customers have had the opposite experience you have had. It's your choice to buy whatever brand you can get cheapest, but do you think it's fair to write a negative review about a product that you were not sure how to use?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2011 10:30:11 AM PDT
I have one of these cards and it is falling apart in the exact way the original poster described. The last device I used it in before this happened was a SanDisk MicroMate reader! I just fired off an e-mail to SanDisk.

They really don't make it easy to file for a warranty replacement. If you go to their website and look under warranty, it just has a bunch of PDFs, no links to a web form, no e-mails and no phone numbers. If you go to their contact page, there's nothing about warranty inquiries, just technical support and sales.

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 8:13:14 PM PDT
Bill says:
SanDisk is one of the biggest targets of counterfeited memory cards. I bought a 2 GB card years ago and found out it was fake. The fakes usually have no serial number on the back and fall apart easily. Mine had no serial number and fell apart. I contacted SanDisk and they asked for the serial number. There was none. SanDisk said there was nothing they could do since it was not their SD card, but they suggested I contact the seller.

Your Sony DSC-TX7 has a built-in auto macro mode. You should have been able to get nice close-ups (.4 inches to 7.86 inches)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›