47 of 61 people found the following review helpful
Not the best controller but the best for Wii U.
, May 19, 2013
This review is from: Pro Commander for Wii U (Video Game)
I got this at a very good cheap price at my local dept store so decided to give it a try despite the mixed reviews so far. Like most people, I needed a controller to play Black Ops 2. Couldn't do good with Nintendo's brand. Used this controller over the weekend for Black Ops 2. Did way better. I'm so use to using the Xbox 360 controller w/ the buttons on the right side. All buttons worked fine. Was worried about the flat trigger buttons but they didn't bother me. For a 3rd party controller, Hori did a good job. I usually just buy screen protectors or skins from them.
- Cheaper than the Nintendo brand
- Layout and shape are pretty much like an Xbox 360 controller
- Analog sticks are a nice deep concave for better grip
- Silicone/rubbery grip all around it for a nice grip
- Best controller on the market to use for Black Ops 2 if you're use to using a 1st party Xbox 360 or PS3 controller
- Dpad is not that great compared to Nintendo's controller. I play only Black Ops 2 so it didn't really matter
- Both trigger buttons are flat but still were responsive
- Although it didn't bother me, all 4 of the top buttons (both triggers and bumpers) seem a little stiffer than an Xbox 360 controller (or any other 1st party controller)
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?