Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply unacceptable. No closure. Almost impossible to remove device., November 22, 2011
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite) (Accessory)
For several generations, official Kindle covers have included a closure mechanism. This is absolutely necessary to protect the Kindle in the course of ordinary travel, from damage by forceful contact with other small items in a briefcase etc. The lesson was an expensive one for many, and well-learned.

Now for $60 Amazon soils the Kindle Touch - surely the best kindle reader ever - with a defiantly under-designed cover. It has no closure, and your KT will be easily damaged by pens, paper clips, whatever.

Earlier but recent covers also allow easy removal. This is important, because one often wants relief from the extra weight for extended reading. But to remove the KT from this cover requires a seriously dramatic exertion; I feared the device itself it might crack open.

The light has very limited travel and does not really reach the bottom of the page.

This is a TERRIBLE accessory product. Experienced and quality-conscious users are bound to be bitterly disappointed with it.

Save yourself the grief. Look elsewhere.

And yes indeed, I ordered it early, I actually received it, and I wrote this review with the product in my hand (well, in the box for immediate return).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2011 6:14:38 AM PST
Suncoast says:
Tom S. is absoutely correct. I can't believe that this cover has no closure mechanism. I received my Kindle Touch a week before I received this awful cover and I've been carrying my Kindle in a plastic bag, which I'll continue to do. At least that way the screen is protected. And like Tom S., my Kindle cover is packaged up for immediate return. Do not purchase this cover.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 12:22:06 PM PST
VSP says:
I agree with you on most points, but for me the light does reach the bottom of the page. I am using a covered elastic hair band to keep it closed because it is nice not to have to deal with battery replacement for the light.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 7:18:30 AM PST
Sean Proctor says:
I just tried to get my kindle out of the case; it was about 10 seconds of work. Granted, it's harder than the previous generation, but it was nowhere near dramatic. If you peel the bottom back a little then life up where the USB port is, it comes out no sweat.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 5:25:01 AM PST
Gosh, lighten up about the closure of the case. I have a keyboard generation Kindle, with lighted case, never use the supplied strap, have travelled continents with the thing in carry-on and never experienced any problem. Some people are never happy.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 1:27:15 PM PST
If you push on the upper right-hand corner, the case pops right off. It's a little more work to pry it out from the bottom, by the charging port, but not much. As for closure, I never used the one supplied with my iPad case, in the year I've owned the pad, that's not been a problem. Lighten up.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 10:41:13 AM PST
Pleased. says:
I don't understand why there is a need to remove the Kindle from the case for extended reading because it's heavier?? I have the same cover, and it's so light that it almost disappears, I would even say that the cover and the Kindle feels like one piece, it barely adds ANY weight at all to the Kindle!

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 6:34:32 PM PDT
stacey says:
I just got this case, and a kindle. I snapped the Kindle in, then panicked when I couldn't get it out. I really only want my kindle in the case when I'm using the light or traveling. Thanks Michael McKee for the comment! Mine absolutely would not come out of the case bottom end first. Pushing on both the top right and top left caused it to pop out.
These things should come with an instruction manual. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›