5.0 out of 5 stars All buttons work perfectly on MAC (Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint), April 6, 2011
This review is from: Logitech Professional Presenter R800 with Green Laser Pointer (Personal Computers)
I use MAC OS X, Snow Leopard 10.6.6. By default , all buttons worked correctly on Microsoft Powerpoint and Keynote except the Play button (start button) which didn't work on Keynote.
To fix this, you need to open System Preferences, select the Keyboard & Mouse panel, and then select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. Click the Plus button to assign a new shortcut and a new panel appears. Add Keynote as the application (you'll have to scroll to the bottom of the list, select Other... and then find where Keynote is installed). In the Menu Title section, type "Play Slideshow" and then assign this to the keyboard shortcut of F5. When you then restart Keynote, you can click on the View menu and you will see that "Play slideshow" is now linked to the F5 shortcut (instead of the default Command-Option-P).
Now all the buttons of Logitech Professional Presenter R800 ( I think also R400), work perfectly and without any problem on Keynote too. Hence, this presenter device will completely work on MAC OS X, if you apply the above trick.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2011 10:23:03 PM PST
Thanks a lot for your helpful comment! I got the play button working in Powerpoint 2008 on my Mac by setting up a shortcut to "Slide Show".

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 10:30:03 AM PST
Hi, I am using a macbook pro, with OS Lion. Followed your instructions as you posted, but the buttons won't work for me...the start slide show and blank screen buttons end the slide show for me, even after making changes. Any other ideas ? Am i doing something incorrect? Thanks, MAT

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 6:39:38 AM PST
Naderi says:
Hi,
I haven't tested it on Lion. However, I guess maybe the default shortcuts have been changed in new OS release..... what you need to do is for powerpoint and keynote applications check and if necessary add/change the slide show and blank screen keyboard shortcuts to be similar to WINDOWS. For example, check in System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts tab that:

Application: "Microsoft PowerPoint"
Menu Title: "Slide Show"
Keyboard Shortcut: "F5"

And so on. Assigning the same keyboard shortcut as WINDOWS is the logic behind this fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 9:05:32 AM PST
hi, got it to work, was pressing command F5 wasn't allowing to work, then retried using Fn F5 and the start slide show is working. Just one more question, whats the purpose of the blank screen ? and also when i do connect the mac to the projector using via adapter, what do i press to allow me to see the presentation on my monitor as well as have it display over the projector. Thanks, MAT

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 4:25:12 AM PST
Hi MinnesotaWinter, even I am unable to use the blank screen function in my Keynote. You said you got it to work. Can you please let me know how you did it. I tried creating a new shortcut, but it wouldnt allow me to assign the letter 'B' as the shortcut for blank screen. Can you please help. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 4:27:01 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 9:56:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012 9:57:29 PM PST
hi, i got the fn f5 key to work to start the presentation, i used Function + F5 as described. I did not set up the blank screen function.

Posted on Feb 13, 2013 7:28:04 AM PST
Robert Pater says:
I did exactly as you wrote. Assigned keyboard shortcut in Keynote to F5 (which showed in System Preferences.) However, this did change anything once I launched Keynote (and, regrettably, the keyboard shortcut for "Play slideshow" in menu was unchanged!)

in 10.8.2 i7 MBP

I'd appreciate any suggestions. This expensive remote is useless to me if I can't use it to black out the screen.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Robert

Posted on Oct 16, 2013 2:32:54 PM PDT
Thanks so much for the pointers. Along with MinnesotaWinter's fn F5, now works perfectly.

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 2:47:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2014 2:53:38 PM PST
MtnMike says:
I could not get the help you suggested to work on my Mac Air and Keynote presentation. The "Play" button did not work. The "screen to black" did not work.

I called Logitech support and after 20 minutes, I was told that this presenter was designed for Microsoft Powerpoint. I was told to rewrite my presentation in Powerpoint or return the presenter for a refund.

I like the timer feature. The bright green pointer is important because my presentations need the contrast of the green. It feels good. Yes, if I accidentally hit the play button, my talk stops. Same for the "black" button.

I will keep this presenter. It is still better than the weak red pointer presenter and separate green laser I previously was using.

One presenter in hand is better than the former two.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (914 customer reviews)

$79.99 $57.68