Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

3.0 out of 5 stars if you get hooked on juicing just go in with open eyes, March 19, 2012
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup, Black (Kitchen)
I have to say that this little juicer has been quite nice to work with and use (being that it's my first ever juicer). Now, if you for some reason get hooked on juicing please buy this with your eyes open.

- First, the motor will trully do a job onto a fruit if you put it down the chute, however if you try to do any collards or the like expect some lowering of the rpms as you shred anything.
- Second, this product has plenty of parts made of plastic. This of course would not be a trouble except that as you learn to utilize it, you will find that pieces start to get off alignment after a few months (I've been using this product almost every day for 6 months), specially the top lid and the peripheral plastic braces. Everything will still fit, but juice leaks are to be expected hence don't be surprised.
- Third: Be wary of the some of the plastic parts being utilized. A lot of the fixtures used around the rotor are made of plastic. The fixture for the rotating metal juice blades is also made of plastic. Now it doesn't take a genius to imagine that under some use, over many months, these parts will either break or worse yet, become part of your master juice creation. Nothing that a toothpick can't fix by taking these shards out of the way but be aware of the possibility since it happened to me.
- Fourth: Warranty claims. So let's say that you love this juicer for all of the goodness you can drink with it, however you find that the previous three listed comments create an unsafe or unusable product and decide to call Black and Decker for a warranty claim. Guess what, they want $7.50 for them to replace the product. How about that? Let's just say that Black and Decker have let me down with this experience and although I will send the $7.50 for a juicer that is literally breaking up apart before my eyes I will not easily forget the details shared here.

Hope this helps somebody. I do love this juicer but probably will look for another one in less than a year since the products don't seem to have a long lifetime.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2014 2:36:14 PM PST
Thank you so much for sharing your experience tj. I'd love to know what juicer you've ended up with. I'm looking for a juicer for oranges and grapefruit. Apparently, I'm still looking....lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2014 8:24:49 PM PST
tj says:
Sure, no probl. Glad the review was of use. Surprisingly there's more to the original story. After I replaced the product from Black and Decker. They did send me a replacement juicer...but it wasn't this model. Yeah, they decided that I needed a slightly different juicer. They sent me a Black and Decker JE2060BL, which is similar to the one I originally had bought. Surprisingly this one has lasted a bit longer.

I would only recommend these models if you are interested in buying one or replacing it every year or two with lots of use. Additionally, if you are interested in juicing oranges, grapefruits and the like, I would not suggest or recommend these "fruit and vegetable juice extractors". You are much better off buying an actual "citrus juicer". I have one of these too. The advantage of a citrus juicer will become evident once you start slicing the fruits and not having to worry about peeling them. Plus you get most of the juice and have pulp control.
Hope this helps.
tj

Posted on Feb 7, 2014 7:28:01 AM PST
great review .

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 7:08:07 AM PST
bob mc says:
I think the bottom line is if you are going on some lifestyle change or are a juicing advocate and will be doing serious juicing. You will need to get a commercial or high end juicer. These consumer models are just not designed for continuous daily use.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2014 11:51:46 AM PDT
jamilah says:
i have this product, it takes too much fruit and give a very little juice!!!

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 7:05:11 PM PDT
I just sold my Champion juicer at a yard sale due to nonuse and because I hv a Vitamix I love. But now I hv a recipe that calls for 1/2 apple chopped and 2T of apple juice. That has put me on a search for a small juicer for apples. This one looks even a bit big but may be what I shd buy.

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 5:42:29 PM PST
Stephen S. says:
Thanks for such an in-depth review! That was extremely helpful! I am considering doing a 30 day liquid diet, that whole Green Juice thing, and am looking for something low cost but effective. This review was very frank and well thought out. Kudos to you!

Posted on May 4, 2015 8:27:22 AM PDT
S. dattoli says:
It was difficult to understand your writing, but I got the "gist" of it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›