2.0 out of 5 stars Spazztastic, July 5, 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (Toy)
You remember that scene from "Airplane" where everyone lines up to slap the hysterical woman? That's how I felt about the Vtech sit-to-stand learning farm walker. I wanted to grab it, shake it, and yell "shut up shut up! No one is playing with you right now so stop blipping and blooping like a maniac!" In a desperate ploy for attention, this thing loves to blare music and light up, even when baby long ago moved on to something else. It's MTV for today's generation of AD&D babies.

The learning farm has two volume settings: super loud and ultra, mega loud. Not only is it loud, it's also repetitive. Although it has about 11 songs, it prefers to loop one or two. The hard plastic wheels slide more than roll, on most surfaces. It also features a quaint late-90s-era telephone handset-- probably the only one your baby will ever see outside of a museum in his lifetime.

I guess all this overstimulation would be fine, if someone could prove to me that baby will become a genius as a result. But I'm a little skeptical that he's learning much. As another reviewer noted, the buttons do not respond consistently. If you push one of the 5 colored buttons along the bottom, the response rotates through several possible answers. It all just seems like an arbitrary jumble of lights and sounds.

As a walker, baby sometimes scoots it along, mostly on his knees. He generally seems to get better practice from cruising along other objects around the house. Just remember that babies have been learning to walk for eons. I'm pretty sure caveman babies didn't have vtech learning farm walkers, and I'm sure they turned out fine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2011 10:07:16 AM PST
Jsea says:
LOL - Your review made my day.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 8:43:48 AM PDT
P. Wei says:
Hilarious! I'm seriously reconsidering this product because of your review! haha! thanks again and keep posting! :)

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 5:02:53 PM PST
MOB says:
Awesome review! How can I subscribe to your others?

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 8:10:32 PM PST
V. Marino says:
Epic review... just woke my husband up from laughing while reading it.

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:35:32 PM PDT
Vampz11 says:
I couldn't have said it better myself! This toy is by far a direct derivative of nails scratching a blackboard! It took a trip to my in-laws house and it never came back home. Great review! So funny!

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 5:35:12 AM PDT
M. McDonald says:
Thanks for your awesome review. It feels like something I would write and I therefore know that I do NOT want this walker.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 8:39:43 AM PST
Daisy says:
Thank you . I was also considering this for my granddaughter. I am afraid after reading your review that everyone may go psycho , tear their hair out and throw that thing out the window !

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:01:19 PM PST
M. Green says:
This review is perfect! My son has this walker and I've gone through exactly the same issues!!! Including the knees thing. He's 18 months now and just likes to sit in front of it and push the buttons to hear the songs/words.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:54:49 PM PST
CW says:
This review made my night, too - I just read it out loud to my husband (who laughed as well!) Thank you for the helpful feedback (I'm having second thoughts about this walker now) and especially for the witty humor. Loved the "Airplane" reference... and I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. Thanks again!

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 12:50:05 PM PDT
Sarah K. says:
Yes. We got this as a present from a friend and it is hands down the most annoying toy the baby has.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (4,637 customer reviews)
 (3,614)