4.0 out of 5 stars Gratitude is The Magic, March 6, 2012
This review is from: The Magic (The Secret) (Paperback)
In The Secret, Rhonda Byrne introduced the reader to the concept of The Law of Attraction. In her latest book, The Magic, she focuses on how gratitude can change our lives; that we will attract all we want when we practice feeling gratitude.

The book begins with a reminder of how we felt magic in life as children; how as adults, we want to be around kids just to feel that magic again. She then explains how we can feel that magic again as adults...

In the Gospel of Matthew in the Holy Scriptures, written over 2000 years ago, there is a cryptic message that has caused confusion...the crux of it is that "whoever has gratitude will be given more and he or she will have abundance."

As in The Law of Attraction, "like attracts like." So, if you are grateful for what's in your life, the law of attraction will attract more of that into your life.

Byrne writes that all the major religions have gratitude at their core...So The Magic is having gratitude in your life.

Having gratitude takes practice, according to Byrne. She advises the reader to practice saying "thank you" and meaning it...that saying a heartfelt thank you will change your life:
Say thank you deliberately and with meaning
The more you say thank you, the more you feel gratitude
The more gratitude you give out, the more abundance you will receive

The Magic is uplifting to read. Will it really completely change your life? It depends...working real gratitude into your life is a good thing. How much it'll change your world depends...I would add that I have a spiritual, not religious background, and gratitude is also central to spirituality. It just makes sense.

As a Feng Shui interior designer who also practices the law of attraction, I would like to suggest some ways to help you be reminded to feel gratitude every day: surround yourself with things in your home that make you feel good and feel grateful to own...keep your home free from clutter, as clutter causes confusion and a muddled mind; place objects with the intent that they will help you attract what you desire. A book I recommend to all my clients that will help you do all of this is HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT:BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET. Trust me; it'll help you attract abundance in your life.

Liked and recommend THE MAGIC....and THE SECRET if you haven't already read it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 6, 2012 8:20:17 PM PST
Hi, I found two books with Harmonious environment in the title. Can you provide a link to which one you mean? I would like to check it out thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2012 12:42:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2012 4:17:52 AM PST
Sure...The link for the title doesn't seem to work, so here is full title (I added it to the review, too): Harmonious Environment: Beautify, Detoxify and Energize Your Life, Your Home & Your Planet by Norma Lehmeier Hartie

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 12:08:43 AM PST
Leslie Estes says:
Thanks for your review, but I wonder if we basically got everything the book teaches from your review and unless there is something more there is no need to purchase it. I agree gratitude is the foundation (along with love) but many others have written about this - so is Rhonda just beating an old drum?

Also, the scripture you reference from Matthew doesn't ring a bell - can you please give chapter and verse?

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 7:37:26 AM PDT
re Matthew, haven't read the book, but probably referring to the "parable of the talents".

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2012 5:55:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2012 5:56:09 PM PDT
Leslie Estes says:
Thanks Elizabeth! (RE: parable of the talents)

But I think this parable might be more about being faithful in using the gifts you have been given, rather than "whoever has gratitude will be given more and he or she will have abundance."

Just wondering about it - and still wondering if there is anything new in "The Magic". Might be worth checking it out since it's only $7. If nothing else it might be a good reminder of the importance of gratitude. :-)

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 6:47:38 PM PDT
Martin says:
My gratitude goes out to you for having writing such a nice review!

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 11:21:23 AM PDT
Wisdom Shop says:
yes, reminders are certainly good, but I tend to find inspirational lives more helpful; two I like are Cave in the Snow : Tenzin Palmo's Quest for Enlightenment and I Walked to the Moon and Almost Everybody Waved: The Curiously Inspiring Adventures of a Free Spirit Who Changed Lives, which had an interesting effect on me; while reading it and for days afterwards felt a deep sense of acceptance.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 12:06:29 PM PDT
S. Amdur says:
I bought both this and Harmonious Environment, on your recommendation. Though I found some helpful information in H.E., the kindle version is really difficult to read and it's formatting is completely messed up. Thought you might like to warn your clients of this...

I really liked "The Magic" and thought it was a great way to keep gratitude at the forefront of my attention. I also liked H.E. but would not recommend the kindle version.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 1:14:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 30, 2012 1:14:42 PM PDT
Karen says:
I am grateful for your review. Thank you for taking the time to share. See it is working already - amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 8:34:12 AM PDT
PenNink says:
Hi Leslie! I read the book and practiced the 28 days worth of exercises. The book starts off mentioning how the average person thinks they're being grateful when they say thank you for a gift or thank you when a door is opened for them etc. But those moments are fleeting. When you live in gratitude and immerse yourself in it then life becomes "magical." So the 28 days of exercises are designed to immerse you in gratitude to your core until it becomes second nature. In my personal experience it took about 8 days of exercises before things changed. (I was slightly depressed at the time.) But wow, I felt amazing on Day 8. Truly, truly happy. Not just when I was doing the exercises but all day long. Anyway, that was my experience.
Hope it helps and have a great day!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (1,037 customer reviews)

$13.99 $9.44