Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars ONLY PRODUCT USED BY APPLE TECHS, May 17, 2010
This review is from: iKlear iK-26K Complete Cleaning Kit (Electronics)
Based on the salespeople at the apple store, this is the only product that apple techs use to clean screens on computers, ipads, ipods. This works great and is ammonia and alcohol free--which according to apple will damage screens. DO NOT use windex!!!

It took me awhile to figure out to buy this--I don't know why it didn't occur to me to ask apple what they used. It took me a year and a very filthy macbook pro. This product easily cleaned the screen as well as the aluminum macbook pro body. It also works on the IPAD (which gets dirty screens very quickly) as well as ipods.

There are many screen cleaning kits made by this same company. The solution is the same--it is just in different size bottles. This particular package also has "wet wipes"--travel packs---which are especially great for the IPAD. For my computer it is easy enough to clean it at home. But I take my Ipad everywhere and those little travel packs fit in my purse--they are the size of "wet wipes".

From apple salespeople---spray the cloth rather than the screen as it is better to have a little of the IKlear rather than the direct contact from the spray.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2012 9:06:18 AM PST
Is this product intended specifically for Apple products or is it just a coincidence that 90+% of reviewers refer to some kind of Apple product when stating their level of satisfaction?

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 9:07:37 AM PST
I need something to clean my TV. It's not too bad when something is showing on it, but when it's off I tend to wonder how...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 9:20:09 AM PST
TC says:
Well, I assume apple product users gravitate towards this because it is what apple uses and it works so well. So when we take our products to the store and they use this on them it is pretty impressive---at least, that is how it was for me. In addition, for me--it is important that I use something that is safe--windex and other products are not safe to use--they can ruin the high tech screens.

So, I use this on all of my electronics, although i started with just my computer. I spray it on the rag (i got the one that had it enclosed) and wipe the screen from there. I was told by apple not to spray directly on the screen as it gets too much on it.

Apple does not make this product, but I am assuming by the name, that the makers were originally targeting apple by making a high end, safe cleaner.

And i don't see streaks when the screen is on or off---on my tv or computer or ipad.

tami

Posted on May 20, 2012 12:17:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2012 12:17:50 PM PDT
Giuseppe C. says:
I'm curious about quantity and included items, which aren't shown. The same product appears elsewhere on Amazon for 40% less.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 12:25:32 PM PDT
TC says:
Interesting that they removed the description. Here is what mine included--and it looks the exact same as when I ordered it--i love the iKlear wet wipes (12 included):

1- 2 oz. Pump Spray Bottle of iKlear (Airplane Travel Size)
1- 6 oz. Pump Spray Bottle of iKlear
1- Large Micro-Chamois polishing cloth
1- Travel Size Micro-Chamois polishing cloth
1- Travel Size Micro-Fiber "terry" polishing cloth
12- iKlear Step 1/Wet Travel Singles
1- iPhone/keyboard Antibacterial Microfiber cloth

Posted on Apr 18, 2013 7:05:28 PM PDT
is this safe for cleaning iMac screen?

Belkin Screen Cleaning Kit

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2013 7:12:56 PM PDT
I use it on one

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2013 7:14:01 PM PDT
So the belkin screen cleaning kit is safe for iMac?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2013 7:16:10 PM PDT
TC says:
I use the iklear on all Mac products. If you are unsure contact apple

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 3:08:36 AM PDT
Helios says:
When I worked for Apple we used "Clens", manufactured by Bausch and Lomb. I never seen this product during my time there
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›