4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Clip Mp3 Player - Generic Brand - Review, December 28, 2010
I bought the mini clip mp3 player as a Christmas gift, as when I saw the price, I thought I couldn't go wrong. And I am very glad I made this purchase, because it was certainly well worth it. The mp3 player arrived in the mail before the estimated arrival date, but it didn't come in any type of casing. It was just in the shipping package, and included the music player, a pair of headphones (cheap pair), usb cable, and instruction manual. I had to test it myself before giving it as a gift and it seems to work great. It seems to be built nice and solid, as it has already been dropped a few times and still works fine. It even has a nice, bright led light at the bottom of it when it's turned on, which I did not expect to see. Yes, you do need to buy a micro sd card to be able to use it, but they are really cheap (I bought a 4gb for $2). It is sleek, small, and stylish, and I feel I made an excellent purchase. But it isn't a perfect mp3 player, but is any? One of my biggest complaints would have to be the fact that when you turn on the mp3 and start at song 1, you can't go backwards to the end of the list. To access your last songs, you'd have to go all the way around skipping forward, which can take some time and be a pain. Also, the instructions aren't clear on how long the mp3 player takes to charge or how long the battery lasts until it needs charging again. But otherwise, I don't see any other major problems. The person who received it as a gift is very happy with it, and I would definitely recommend purchasing this mp3 player.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2012 9:16:17 AM PDT
Magnolia says:
I did buy this product but the company didn't send the instruction manual. Then i went to buy a micro sd card and download musics but it did not work. Please tell me how to download music and set up it.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2012 1:17:01 PM PDT
hey, i can help field this question. you can go about it two different ways. you can plug the device into your computer and just copy mp3 files over like it's an external hard drive, from your computer onto the mp3 player drive.

or

you can plug the micro sd card into the computer and copy and paste the music to the card and then put the card into your player.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2012 4:55:49 AM PDT
Amanda says:
Hi, I just read your post and maybe you can help me out...
I can't sync music onto my Mp3 player. When I plug it in, there is a sound the computer makes in which it recognizes that an external source was plugged into it, but the actual device won't show up on any of my computers' folders and thus, I am not able to sync. I hope you can help me out. Thank you.

Respectfully,
Amanda Burnett

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 5:09:44 AM PDT
j. says:
i have to agree with you . i got it slap in the sd card music sweet music thank,s

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 11:09:12 AM PDT
Hi...I have music on the card, but I can't seem eo get it to play...any suggestions? thanks...
Lorraine

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 12:31:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 30, 2012 12:33:16 PM PST
VladM says:
Regarding some questions I've noticed here, if your device would not show in My Computer after you plug it in via USB cord, try to plug it into different USB ports. If still no luck, your USB ports may need updated drivers. Here's the link to Microsoft article about the problems with USB devices: tinyurl.com/yb3t6df .

Another way to load your MP3 files is to remove the MicroSDHC card from the player, insert it into your regular size SD card adapter and then insert it into an SD card slot on your computer. Then you can copy and paste or drag and drop your MP3 files onto the card, after which you remove the card, remove the MicroSD card from the adapter and reinsert it into the player.

Important: make sure you load MP3 files and not files encoded in different formats, such as FLAC, Ape, Ogg, AAC, MPC etc. I'm not sure if it plays wma or wav files, haven't tried them and the description wouldn't say it, but for sure it does play the MP3's.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:56:47 PM PST
I just got one in a raffle. It says 2GB on side. Don't know where I would replace card. Have tried to put music on. It says music is there but it doesn't play. There were 2 songs on the device when I got it. The songs play but nothing else. I received it in a plastic case with USB wire and headphones. But just got 1 piece of paper with instructions and nothing else. Can anyone lead me in the right direction. I have tried to drag and drop but can't. Don't know what to do.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›