5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Wii gaming experience, June 11, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii MotionPlus (Accessory)
Length:: 2:33 Mins

I've only tried the Wii MotionPlus with one game so far, Virtua Tennis 2009 but the MotionPlus enhanced the sensitivity of the Wiimote and made it more responsive when playing this game. It seems to sense the turning and direction or your hand better than the Wiimote alone and I thought it made the Virtua Tennis game more realistic and enjoyable. It gives you that little bit extra to play the game.

I recorded this short video so you can see how it attaches to the Wiimote. As you can see, when it's on you don't even notice that it's there. It isn't big or clunky like some of the add-on's to make the nunchuks wireless that I've seen.

I liked the addition of it with this one game and I'm looking forward to trying other games as they're released.

Update 6/21/09 - I had a chance to try the Wii MotionPlus with a friends new Tiger Woods Golf game and the difference between the game with and without the Wii MotionPlus is pretty amazing, probably even more so than with Virtua Tennis. It's much more fine tuned than last year's game.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 12, 2009 9:52:03 AM PDT
Eagle Vision says:
I use the Nyko rechargeable battery pack for my Wii Controllers. It adds some bulk to the back of the unit. Based upon the fact that you slip the controller into this device, do you think it will fit my controller/battery pack?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 12:58:23 PM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
Eagle Vision, I can't find a photo of that battery pack. Do you have a link? I think it would depend on how the battery pack connects. The Wii MotionPlus skin is similar to the skin that came with the Wiimote to begin with in terms of flexibility. If you could fit the original one around the Wiimote and battery pack, then I'm guessing maybe this would work too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 5:48:03 PM PDT
Eagle Vision says:
Nyko Charge Station Quad for Wii

I bought the four battery set for our Wii. I like that Wii Motion Plus. I want TW 2010.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2009 9:03:59 PM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
It's hard to see how thick they are, but if they fit in behind the regular holder on the Wiimote, I think they'd fit with this one. You can see from the video how flexible the thing is.

TW 2010 looks amazing! And it's getting great reviews. We played TW 2009 at our neighbor's and I thought that one was awesome, but this is supposed to be much better, especially on the putting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 1:18:41 PM PDT
Andrew says:
Can you remove the sleeve and just hook up the Wii Motion Plus alone?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2009 1:21:24 PM PDT