5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Linksys WES610N 4-Port Dual-Band N Entertainment Bridge (Personal Computers)
Update 08/20/2012: Well, a year is creeping up on me since I have purchased and currently using two of these Linksys WES610N's. Still going strong and working wonderfully. I changed the NetGear router PWD a few times and reconnected the Linksys using the WPS button. I plug and unplug one of them almost daily for various reasons and it is still working just fine. As a bridge they are greate and I still say these are the best units available for that function.
*********************************************

Like many, I have equipment nowhere near a cable. Everything is wireless. Finding a bridge or relay has been fairly challenging over the years. They either did too much or not enough and for the most part, there are always very little in the way of choices.

Enter this Linksys. I was using the Netgear bridge for the past few months. It was only capable of 2.6g and though it appeared to work somewhat ok, it keep needing restarted and ran rather slow. My primary device using it was a Roku. Many times the show I was streaming and many times it was not. I have a 70mb Internet connection, so I ruled out that. I purchased 2 of these WES610N devices. One for the LR and one for the Bedroom which is at the complete opposite end of building relative to my wireless router. I also have a Roku in the BR.

From the moment I installed them, the quality of the stream has been vastly improved and has remained so for a few weeks. I have yet to recycle the power on either one. Since this Linksys also operate at the 5g range, the amount of interference to other wireless devices has fallen tremendously.

For the record, I did not go into and view the management screens for these. I pushed the button to auto config. Therefore I cannot comment on any advanced options or features.

All in all a great device and the best I have owned thus far. My only complaint, yet another device that have glowing blue lights that I had to place tape over. Devices, lights, and bedrooms typically do not mix well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2012 7:20:02 PM PST
kdl1150 says:
Had the same exact problem with my netgear product. Told the customer support I was throwing it away and buying a Linksys. They asked why when its still under warranty, I told them I wasted too much time and would rather support a company that makes products that actually works.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 3:23:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2013 3:24:44 PM PST
EPMoto2002 says:
Here is the problem with your review....

"I plug and unplug one of them almost daily for various reasons and it is still working just fine. As a bridge they are greate and I still say these are the best units available for that function."

Because you're basically power-cycling your network bridges ON A DAILY BASIS, your observations regarding performance & stability are totally invalid! What I want to know is if your wireless bridges still function 100% AFTER 1 YEAR OF CONTINUOUS USE WITHOUT DAILY REBOOTING! I currently use 3 ANCIENT Belkin G-routers operating in wireless bridge mode that I wanna replace for more bandwidth. But here's the thing... my Belkin units are 100% bulletproof. I've owned them for 5+ years??? and have NEVER EVER had to manually power cycle them. They have never crashed. The wireless network connection between the bridges has never stopped functioning or even had a hiccup.... EVER! The ONLY time they've EVER been rebooted is when the power grid goes out (like once a yr) or if I ever upgraded the firmware.

So this is what I wanna know.... How stable are the Linksys WES610N's WITHOUT you "plug and unplug one of them almost daily"?????????? Will they run for MONTHS or even years at a time without crashing? Stability is what's important in network devices. Arguably, performance & features are secondary.

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 2:51:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 26, 2014 2:53:46 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (207 customer reviews)

$119.99 $103.00