1,122 of 1,253 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Has Been Fixed!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Let me start by saying that I love Scrabble! When I got my Kindle Fire, I was excited to download this app. After reading previous reviews, I did not purchase Scrabble because I felt it was useless without single player mode. Luckily, that he recently been fixed! For those who already purchased the app, you can update it to receive single player mode. For those who were on the fence due to the negative reviews, feel free to now download it. The single player mode works flawlessly. You can choose a difficulty setting for your AI player(s) (you can have up to 3). When you're actually playing, it's easy to control. You choose your letter and play it on the board. It automatically zooms in once you've placed the first letter down. You can also zoom by pinching, which is extremely useful. The nice thing about single player mode is that you also don't have to wait for your partner to think. It only takes a few seconds, so the match ends up going very quickly.

Overall, I LOVE this game, and (for right now) it's on sale! Snatch it up while you can. If you're a Scrabble fan, you won't regret it!

EDIT:

Apparently, sometime in early August 2012 the single player mode disappeared but it has returned with the newest update? Strange to remove something like single-player mode. At least it's back now.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2012 5:57:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 5:58:09 PM PDT
D. Beal says:
After processing an update the single player option has been removed. I have no interest in playing real people. Give me back the game that I paid for.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 12:22:42 PM PDT
I agree. Why take away something that you paid for.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 3:14:20 PM PDT
This morning I woke up to the nightmare of all times!!! You changed my Scrabble game and now it is the worse game of all times!!!! Why did you do that???? IF I wanted it changed I would have asked!!!! Why not give the option to those to upgrade and to those that do not, please leave us alone. I was so disappointed in this!!! What happen to customer choices???? PLEASE LET US HAVE THE OLD APPLICATION BACK!!!!
JUST EMAILED THE SCRABBLE PEOPLE AND AMAZON...HOPE THEY KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I PAID FULL PRICE FOR THE ORIGINAL AND NOW THEY ARE OFFERING IT FOR 99 CENTS??????? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I REALLY FELT THAT AMAZON DID ME WRONG!!! I WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE I RECOMMEND THEM NEXT TIME. I JUST TOLD TWO PEOPLE TODAY HOW DISAPPOINTED I WAS WITH AMAZON...SO MANY BE YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF BY PUTTING THE APPLICATION BACK...GIVE ME MY 2 BUCKS BACK AND QUIT CHANGING APPS UNLESS I WANT THEM CHANGED. I PAID FOR WHAT I WANTED!!!!! IF I COULD GIVE THIS ITEM -5 STARS I WOULD!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2013 1:59:08 PM PDT
raymond says:
I purchased my Kindle yesterday (3/12/13) and because I really like Scrabble I immediately purchased the app.
The app never downloaded and I called customer service and they informed me that the app is not compatible with my Kindle Fire which is puzzling since the add states that it is compatible. I hope this is not the beginning of a long line of things that are not compatible. I was going to get one for my wife, but maybe not. Has anyone had any problem getting apps that are advertised compatible with the Kindle????

Concerned,

RM

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2013 7:14:24 AM PDT
NovelNikita says:
I had no problem downloading it onto my Kindle Fire. Do you have the HD? That doesn't make any sense. It should be compatible.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2013 2:22:13 PM PDT
raymond says:
I can only go on my present experience. Amozon told me it was not compatible????????????????????????? I wish it was. For that and other reasons I just purchased the 4G ipad and have no problem downloading anything.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 9:08:49 PM PDT
J. lavine says:
I have the kindle fire hd and when I try to download the scrabble app, says not compatible with my device. Any idea?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2013 1:11:04 PM PDT
raymond says:
Get an IPad no trouble there

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 7:09:35 PM PDT
mrsand says:
I have this on my Kindle Fire. It worked great. Then a week or so ago, it had an update, so silly me I updated it, and now I can't see the friends I have playing from Facebook. It tries to open Facebook, then does nothing. Can someone help me?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 7:40:50 PM PDT
raymond says:
Don't feel bad mine quit working all together. No more down loads from amozon.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (5,770 customer reviews)
 (2,525)