5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, F-16s have met their match., April 16, 2009
I am currently deployed to Iraq, and I live on a joint Army / Air Force base. About 500 feet from where my quarters are, F-16s take off on a regular basis, and Black Hawks do regular passes over our living area. I am a light sleeper so this made for some restless nights. I decided to shop around for some good quality earplugs in an effort to get some better sleep. Since I have started using Hearos, my sleep is without a doubt much more sound. They are comfortable, inexpensive, and last about 12-15 days a pair if you make an effort to keep them somewhat clean. Solid product all around.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 6 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2011 6:21:16 AM PDT
Jimmy Lin says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2011 12:56:09 AM PDT
Wil says:
Jimmy Lin, how about somewhere in your useless comment taking the time to thank our servicepersonnel for being there for us??? By the way, ear plugs do not cancel ALL noise, as sounds also travel through our body, even our bones.

Thank you, Chris Greenwald, for serving your country. I'm glad these helped you get some much deserved sleep.

Posted on Aug 4, 2011 4:30:11 AM PDT
Jules says:
Chris - You convinced me to buy these earplugs!! :-) Thanks for the review and more importantly, thank you for the selfless act of service you are taking a part in!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2011 8:18:54 AM PDT
goingpostal says:
I agree with you. A common misconception about earplugs is that they block all noise. They don't. All they do is turn down the volume, NRR rating tells us by how much the volume is turned down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2011 8:19:49 AM PDT
goingpostal says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 12:18:46 PM PST
J. Kendall says:
Actually, Jimmy, I would think sleep deprivation would make him less than alert all the time. Worse yet, it would make him less alert while on active duty. Yeah, it's good if our service men and women and respond if something bad happens while they've got bunk time, but if I had to choose between a guy nodding off at a checkpoint and a guy impossible to wake in his bunk, I'll take the bunk every time.

Plus, like everyone else said, earplugs don't stop noise. They reduce it. So if the alarm is sufficiently alarming, it'll still work. Could be they might even, if it's a real clusterfudge, go the extra mile and, say, physically rouse him from bed. Just sayin'.

I don't think you were trying to create a crudstorm with your original post. And I don't think every single post that mentions folks in uniform needs to take the time to thank them for their service -- that can become a sort of knee-jerk patriotism that can (at times, not saying always, don't misunderstand me) lose its meaning.

A lot of the efforts to make our soldiers feel appreciated date back to Vietnam, and that was a different deal. They got active hatred when they came home -- and there were reasons for that (major-league atrocities). We've had some issues the past decade, but nothing like Vietnam, so some of the effort to thank a soldier with every other breath comes across as a little much at times.

Soldiers kill and die for us. Obviously, anyone with any brains in their head has nothing but endless thankfulness for that. I don't want to die for my country. Don't want anyone else to die for my country, for that matter. But the fact that folks do, and are willing to take that risk, is frickin' awesome. Rock on.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 5:36:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2013 5:51:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 6:05:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 24, 2013 1:23:55 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2013 8:32:04 AM PDT
Give me a break! Were here to find out about how good the ear plugs are, not if you thanked him for his service. You wrote a half a paragraph about the product, then babble on about something that has nothing to do with reviewing the product.

I appreciate his service, but you sure are getting off track, aren't you???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›