5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Apple Smart Cover, You will definitely like this one!, February 1, 2012
This review is from: INVELLOP BLACK Leatherette Case Cover for iPad 2 / iPad 3 / iPad 4 / The new iPad Built-in magnet for sleep/wake feature (Personal Computers)
Length:: 2:23 Mins

Really liked these two cases I got! One thing I like the most is that it does not add a lot of bulk to the iPad2. It has sleep/awake function and same stand position as the Apple Smart Cover. The material inside is soft fabric and outside is leatherette. It gives enough protection for a normal use, please note if you are in construction business and need a case that will protect the hammer to fall on your iPad and still be ok then probably this is not the one you need to consider. I give 5 start to this cases and recommend to anyone!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2012 3:54:29 PM PDT
davidp1234 says:
Can the left side fold all the way back and be flat against the back of the ipad (without the triangular 'stand' having to be held in my left hand while I'm holding the iPad)? thx

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 11:16:48 AM PDT
D. Green says:
Yes, you can, although I fold it in half against the back to avoid exposing the microfiber to grime which will otherwise find its way onto your screen.
It's an excellent case. Buy it if you have an iPad2, BUT wait a week or two until they come up with the iPad 3rd Gen version, because the "smart cover" feature needs to be reworked due to some difference in the magnet location for the new iPad. While this cover will fit your iPad 3rd Gen in every other respect, I assume once they are making a new case, they will also add the 0.6 mm extra room that will make what is a tight (but perfectly acceptable) fit, into a perfect one.

Those of us who bought or received this as a gift in anticipation of receiving our iPad 3rd Gen have been asked to use until the replacements are available. If I was an iPad2 owner, I might wait until the "slightly" used cases show up on here or eBay to get a real bargain.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 6:41:49 PM PDT
davidp1234 says:
Thanks. Good point Bout scratching the screen later. I do wonder if I'll like having to hold that bulk in my left hand while simply holding it up to do stuff...? I am waiting for ipad3 version to hopefully come out soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 6:50:57 PM PDT
D. Green says:
In anticipation of sending the case back to be replaced with the new version, and wanting to have protection during the exchange, I bought a clear plastic back for under $5 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XIT4NO/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details).

Not having the bulk in the left hand you reference is a clear advantage of this approach, and works really well for home use, but I want the cover of the case for screen protection during road trips.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2012 7:42:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2012 10:20:26 PM PDT
davidp1234 says:
Thanks for input on a clear case. I decide to go ahead and order it though it only cost about four dollars shipping costs to me was $8+ dollars so it's comes $12. So not quite as the cheapo deal as it looks. Thanks again I'm going to try it. Right now I'm concerned about protecting the outside and not so must the face as I use it mostly at home. We'll have to see what I do need to do when I go traveling. Thanks. Dave. Later: argh that was a case for iPad 2. Doink. Anyone for a clear case? :)

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 5:26:59 AM PDT
D. Jackson says:
Do you think the upright position to watch a movie is stable enough for a plane ride? It looked a tad on the wobbly side. (worried about turbulence). Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 7:32:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2012 7:33:01 AM PDT
D. Green says:
The clear plastic case works fine with my iPad3. Yes, I think it is stable enough for upright during level flight. Turbulence will flip anything depending on severity.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 8:12:21 AM PDT
Wow this is a nice looking case. Can someone tell me if the inside of the bottom part also has a cloth cover? I think that would be better than just plastic. I have had plastic only cases for my iphone, and dust, etc. gets inside and causes the back of my phone to be scratched.

Also, any comments about how well this case holds up after a few months of use?

Thanks for any info!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 11:15:48 AM PDT
D. Green says:
It does indeed have the same microfiber in the shell as well as the cover. Haven't had long enough to know about durability.

Posted on May 9, 2012 2:05:32 AM PDT