5.0 out of 5 stars 9,999 shoes later, I found my love!, December 11, 2007
Ok, I confess, it kills me to spend $50 on shoes. But at 38, and on my feet all day, plus filling in the mid-drift...The shoes I wore in the young hottie days are getting their revenge. Worse yet...at a size 10.5-11 W, I canNOT find shoes to fit.
In need of some water wading shoes, I found a purple pair of this model (incorrectly shown as red on this site) that I thought was too "off color" for professional wear, but worthy of play shoes...for a clearance price of $30 comfort to please my desperation, who could deny the deal?

SHOOT. I don't care if they had bright flashing fuschia blinkers and a whoopie cushion to boot. These shoes rock.

I live 3 hrs from the Birkenstock place I found them in WA, and when I head back that direction, I am clearing the Keen sale shelf, and buying a reg priced pair that is appropriate in style for professional wear. The shoe is kind of wierd looking..but I see Birkenstocks as wierd looking (which didnt work out for me--very painful).

If you have plantar faciatis (sp?) problems, here is a house shoe answer. See, I also drop these shoes next to my bed so I can make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night without tearing up my arches.They are SO comfortable.

And the shoe is breathable, but not cold, not hot, not prone to stretching with sock on, no sock wear.

It's years of shoe nightmares come to an end. I have had 'em for 6 weeks now, weigh 235 lbs (fluffy amazon chick) and the shoe looks like it will hold it's own--wet or dry. A challenge, considering size 6, 110 lb girl shoes are made with the same materials as the larger sizes...like harnessing up a chihuahua the same as a St.Bernard!
Hope this helps.These shoes are my hunt completed.Oh, it appears all shoes are made with the same funky, loveable sole.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2009 6:34:13 PM PDT
Great review. Also hilarious! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 11:25:30 PM PST
Great review. Did they fit true to size? I have a wide sz 10 foot. Some are saying order up a 1/2 size? Your thoughts?

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 8:00:28 PM PDT
A. Brand says:
Great review and answered my question as to whether these have good arch support - a must with me too or else the plantar fascitis flares up. Thanks!

Posted on May 1, 2011 4:30:16 PM PDT
ABC MOM says:
great review, very helpful! and hilarious to boot!

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 10:11:47 AM PDT
Wan Quixote says:
I love your review. If you've published anything, let us know. I'd like to read your stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 7:48:04 PM PDT
Nature Lover says:
I ended up buying a half size larger.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:54:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 6:56:34 AM PDT
B. Speer says:
Perhaps evolution is still "out" on the "walking around" activity for humans?

We look better standing up but parts of our body need improvement. Feet are number one. All that pressure on two little tooties compared to four?

The spine is a whole other problem far from successful as we age. How about wearing a gravity reducer or walking on ALL FOURS in our off hours? In the meantime I am with you on these shoes and physical therapy.

Also bought my three pairs at reduced prices. Now they are $100 and rising as fast a gasoline. Motorized shoes? Happy Trail kimosabi

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 10:28:52 PM PDT
khc says:
I think that your review is easy to read, backed up by telling who you are, and funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2015 4:07:01 AM PDT
RON HICKS says:
Great revi
ew!
What are the shoes?
MALE OR FEMALE ? I AM Male & need 11 1/2 to use.around water !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›