5.0 out of 5 stars "Corruption" Ranks Among Nintendo's Finest, August 30, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Video Game)
For me, there are three moments in my gaming experience I'll never forget. The first moment came when I played Rare's GoldenEye; second, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; third, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

The first time I played the Wii, I knew it was only a matter of time before they perfected the shooter genre. I enjoyed Twilight Princess, but I found myself returning to Wii Sports because of how much I enjoyed the Wii remote technology. Finally Nintendo has offered the perfect game that compliments its amazing motion-sensor technology.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption offers players more than just great shooter action. Using the Wii remote offers pinpoint accuracy (I don't know if I can ever play another FPS again without the remote), but it's the rest of the game that captured my imagination.

You use the grappling hook by moving your hand holding the nunchuck forward, then pulling back. You type in codes by moving Samus's hand around a keypad. You pull levers by manuevering the remote.

"Corruption" comes as close to Halo as Nintendo can get, and frankly, I prefer it. Barring a lack of multiplayer (which would be great, but has never been offered in the past, so I don't miss it), this game could have stood as one of the best shooter games every made.

I recommend "Corruption" to any gamer who enjoys the Wii, shooter games, or great adventure games. You won't be disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 31, 2007 3:02:51 PM PDT
Daniel says:
This guy sounds like a Nintendo employee.
He doesn't say anything negative about the game.
i wouldn't trust anything he says.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2007 5:37:17 PM PDT
RAV says:
I specifically mentioned the lack of multiplayer as a bit of a let-down, but since Metroid games have never offered it, it's hard to miss something you've never had.

The Wii definitely isn't perfect (sub-par graphics as well as mediocre games), but Metroid 3 will define this console in the same way that the previous two games I mentioned in my review defined the Nintendo 64.

Posted on Nov 22, 2007 12:23:59 PM PST
Loralea Grey says:
I think a multipayer like the one in Metroid Prime: Hunters would Be Great because I own the Game and even if you are bad it is fairly fun.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (191 customer reviews)

$49.99 $45.99