Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute but High Maintenance. And Kinda Painful., February 6, 2011
I was really enthusiastic about this boot after reading all the positive reviews & the few extremely negative reviews were from grumpy people who hated life. As it turns out I was wrong. I'm usually a fan of brevity, but the many problems I've experienced with these boots have created a longer review than I would have liked.

I live in a cold climate. We get lots of snow & I live & work in an area where I have to do a lot of walking. I wanted a fun looking boot that would keep my feet warm & dry even in deep snow. These boots are incredibly cute & very warm. Walking in these boots takes some getting used to. They take a while to break in. But beyond that, there are major structural flaws in the boot. That said, I'm doubtful I'll buy Sorels again.

The main plus about these boots is that they run big. I wear a 10.5 which no one makes. I bought the 10 & it was a good fit.

There is a removable felt liner in the shoe that is very warm. I'm not a sweaty person but as the boots are waterproof and VERY warm I cannot wear them inside without having the shoes get flooded with sweat. I have to remove the felt liner every night or the boots never dry out & will we cold and soggy the next morning.

Afore mentioned felt liner is extremely rigid. As mentioned in other reviews, these boots are really roomy between top of the heel & bottom of the calf. This roomy bit will rub against your leg when you move & until you break the boots in it will give you rug-burn. One day my socks got all bunched up & they rubbed against the back of my leg until they cut me. After that I was careful to always wear leggings or something thicker under them. Walking is my main form of transportation and it seriously took me about 3 weeks to break these in.

The boots have a pretty thin sole & are not supportive at all. I bought some insoles for support which makes them more comfortable to walk in but makes the felt liner more difficult to take out. I have never had foot problems in my life, but experience a ton of foot pain from walking in these without insoles. The tread/traction isn't the greatest. After 6 weeks of owning these the treads show significant wear. I'm usually able to get about 2 full winters of use out of winter boots. These ones will probably make it through the end of this winter. But I'm not sure there'll be any tread left by this time next year.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 12, 2013 11:35:45 PM PDT
I think that your review is incredibly informative.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2014 8:41:18 AM PST
I just purchased these and having the problem of fitting into them - the heel digging into the back of my foot and so on. I should have read your review BEFORE purchasing them! I am going to try some insoles and the thickest wicking socks I can find to make them more comfortable. Thank you for your review.

Posted on Dec 19, 2014 10:35:45 AM PST
C. M. Hall says:
Im asking about a return because these are literally rubbing my heel bloody every time I walk for more than 5 mins even though I wear thick wool socks.

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 6:34:11 AM PST
2614545 says:
I never leave reviews but I read your review before I bought these boots and I wanted to come back and share my experience.

The first few times I wore these boots my ankles ended up bloody. Like within a block. It was awful. I started wearing them for short distances in August to break them in, but I just couldn't do it. Other than the ankle issue, they're great. They're warm, 100% water proof, easy to clean, and they look great. I wasn't ready to give up, so I found an old pair of gel insoles like these Dr. Scholl's For Her Comfort Massaging Insoles with Clear Massaging Gel, Women's Size 6-10, 1-Pair Packages (Pack of 3) and I started using them under my (thick wool) socks to protect my ankles. The insoles have a sticky-ish side, so they stick to my skin. It goes insole, sock, pants, boot. The insoles have done the trick and I haven't had an issue with rubbing since I started using this method. It takes an extra minute, but it's worth it to me. When I wear the boots to work, I use the insoles in my shoes during the day and switch them to my ankles when I'm ready to go home.

Being able to stomp around in the boots has helped me break them in some, too. I can now wear the boots without the insoles for short distances, but I'm still nervous about destroying my ankles again so I don't risk it for longer trips.

I hope this might help some of you who are having the same problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›