Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to your Star Wars collection, October 1, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Star Wars Super Star Destroyer 10221 (Toy)
I've built mine and I love it like crazy. It's definitely not for kids or even really playing with, but it's second to none for the adult who wants a grand centerpiece for their Star Wars collection.

I have to disagree with the first reviewer who said it didn't look right. I've seen the movies countless times and I also have various models of the same ship and it looks fantastic. This bears repeating since it's obviously the set's best quality, when the ship is completed and sitting on the table in front of you it is truly HUGE!

Building it varied from fun to tedious to frustrating, but this may be because it's the first Lego set I've put together. The instruction manual, which was pretty easy to follow, is bigger than many coffee table books and is impressive in it's own right. I'd say it took a total of 16 hours to complete. There's a feeling of pride and childlike giddiness that comes when you stand looking at the finished product. I've got a friend who has the huge $500 Lego Millennium Falcon and both Death Stars and he's quite jealous of it.

I have to mention that my experience with Lego customer service has been nothing less than the best I've had with any company recently. My set was missing a few pieces and the guy on the phone apologized profusely and offered me a free figure of any character they made. So I asked if they had Emperor Palpatine shooting lightning out of his hands. The guy said it would be no problem even though it's apparently from a set they're not producing anymore, so they sent it to me straight from the factory in Denmark. On top of that he doubled the Lego VIP points I received with my purchase from 400 to 800 and I was able to buy my little cousin a video game from their website.

Overall it was a great experience all around. If you are a passionate Star Wars collector or even just a hardcore fan who wants something amazing you can show off to your friends, this is absolutely worth it if you can afford it. I'm happy to give it my highest recommendation!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2011 9:18:09 PM PDT
Lego Fan says:
Glad to hear you like it...

I'm the reviewer you're referring to about it "not looking right". My main issue is that due to the ILM model this Lego set is based from, it is very thin and narrow given how long it is (nearly 5 feet). You say you have a friend who has the UCS Falcon, do you have the UCS ISD or have a friend that has it? You have to see that one in person to understand my point.

Simply that from across the room, the UCS ISD "pops" more than the UCS SSD does. Or at least in my opinion anyway. :)

In fairness, I saw the SSD built at my local Lego store, and everything looks smaller in a large store, I'm sure it would seem bigger in my living room. The Death Star and Falcon sure do anyway...

The other issue is the price... As I said, it has 700 fewer bricks than 10188 Death Star, a lot fewer mini-figs, and it costs the same money. Had this set been $299 instead of $399, I would have written a very different review.

Just all my opinion of course, when/if the SSD ever ends up on sale, rest assured I'll be picking it up if I can get it for the $300 price range. Who knows, maybe 3 years from now when this set is closer to retirement, $399 will seem more reasonable. After all, Lego prices only seem to keep going up! :)

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 1:29:59 PM PDT
Brandon says:
They did all of that just for a few pieces? A set I got was missing an ENTIRE bag. And the guy didn't apologize and he kept saying how it was impossible. Well it was possible because I was missing a bag! Glad you had better customer service help than I did.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 10:47:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 10:49:41 PM PDT
Dose any one realize this is a SUPER Star destroyer? Not just a Star Destroyer.
Sry just my nerd coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 10:51:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 21, 2015 1:44:39 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 11:48:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 23, 2012 11:49:14 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:03:07 PM PDT
slurpee says:
any way to get a photo up for comparison to a person or item
‹ Previous 1 Next ›