3.0 out of 5 stars First Gaming Headset, October 4, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This is my first Gaming Headset and this is my pros and cons:

Pros:
*High quality Mic
*Adjustable Bass Boost
*Mic Monitor (ability to hear yourself) is surprisingly perfect
*No noticeable hiss or white noise (there is but it's very, very low)
*Very Comfortable Head and Ear Cushions (comfortable even with glasses)
*Big Ear Pad
*Reduce outside noise, but not 100% noise-canceling
*Really long Wires
*Very Sturdy

Cons:
*Too sensitive Mic
*Ear Pads aren't too flexible
*No clip on volume controller (most people won't mind)
*A lot of Wire setup
*No surround sound without DSS
*Can be uncomfortable if wore for a long period of time (like 6 hours)
*There is no Inner Cushions for Ear Pads (Can cause pain if your ear is resting on it) [more info below]
*Not a lot of replaceable parts, like Ear Cushions

My Problem:
I would love X12 if they just put inner cushions inside. Yes the ear cushion is comfortable IF your ears touch the hard parts of the ear pads (logo inside the pads). My ears aren't extremely big or small nor wide or flat, but I do feel very sore after a long period of time wearing it. I wanted to replace only the ear cushion, but there isn't one for X12 for now. I am going to return this and to get X11, just for the ear cushion. I think this headset would be perfect for its price if I didn't have this problem. But this could be only me.

Review:
This headset does feel like it is made out of high quality material. The headset is very sturdy and it is inflexible on Ear Pad angles. The Mic is very clear, doesn't cause pops or spikes, and flexible but it can be too sensitive (so don't move it around or cough while chatting). Wired isn't a big problem because thick wires don't get tangled easily. Ear Pads are very comfortable if you don't have the same problem as me. The 50mm speakers aren't really that amazing compare to my $20 earphone for my mp3 player, but then again, I usually use and like earphone than headphone. This headset is perfect for someone to do commentaries, chatting with other players, or just playing games without disturbing others. For it's price, it's good, but if you can offer more, you can get a lot more.

Since this review is my opinion, I gave it a 3. But without the "ear cushion problem", it is a good headset no doubt.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2011 8:48:27 AM PDT
S. whelan says:

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2011 12:00:21 PM PDT
Aznparker says:
Look I'm just putting information for people who have no idea how a headset works. (Mainly newbies like me)
I'm just used to using earphones and it was my first headset.
It's more like I used to drive Toyoda but I bought an Mustang and have not idea how it was going to be.

And also the x12 ear pads aren't better nor worse than x11. Yes, it has bigger speaker and cup but it is a little bit more static (aka inflexible) comparing to x11.

Turtle beach usually makes replaceable ear cushions for headset except for x12

I only gave a 3 out of 5 because my ear cushion problem which needs to be said JUST IN CASE someone has same problem as me.

I wasn't trying to be bias in the review, I am just trying to help people but thank you for additional information.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 9:54:28 PM PST

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 9:57:42 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 8:16:25 PM PST
Aznparker says:
Well, I am a hardcore gamer, just not good with hardware. There are some people who does play 6 hours or even longer in a day (like in weekends). It is weird for people to play that long, but here I am. But, thank you for your opinion.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 4:59:23 PM PST
They got uncomfortable for me after 2 hours, so I get where you're coming from. I actually found the X11s to be more comfortable. Still, you could do worse though and these are pretty good for their price.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2011 11:28:45 AM PST
tmonee says:
They make replaceable cushions for it.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 4:04:41 PM PST
i am interested in this gaming headset and its my first gaming headset that im might but so id like to ask if it works for ps3 and xbox since i have both :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 6:01:46 PM PST
ratroy2014 says:
its weird for people to play that long?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 4:20:25 PM PST