4.0 out of 5 stars A girl's point of view, February 23, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Need for Speed: Nitro (Video Game)
I'm actually a 40-year-old woman, been a tomboy all my life but still never gave racing games a second look. I saw this pimped on Ellen and on a whim added it to my wishlist for Christmas.

Now it's practically the only game I play! I've never played anything else in the franchise so I don't know how it compares, I just know this game is FUN. Wasn't at first, before I learned how to drift and rode the brake the entire time. Then when I realized you just have to throw caution to the winds (it's not like there are any real life consequences) and started winning races I developed a need for speed!

My favorite thing about it is you get to drive some pretty serious cars right from the beginning (occasionally). The first time I revved the engine of a Corvette, I finally understood why boys are so in love with cars. The more I play the more I understand how important car selection is for each event. My favorite is the Camaro, but smaller cars like the Beetle, though not as powerful and fast, are far easier to maneuver through the police road blocks, saving crucial seconds in your time. -- all it takes is one crash with a copper to ruin your whole race.

I agree with the other reviewer -- I received Mario Kart for Christmas as well, and playing that feels like a trip to the grocery store in comparison.

I took one star off because twice the game has frozen on me and I've had to reboot the entire console to get past it. Not a huge deal though. This is a great stress reliever and enormously addictive!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 14, 2012 11:59:44 PM PDT
James Scott says:
My wife is very selective about what games she enjoys.
Mario Kart is one of her favorites.

After I showed her your review; she can't wait to try this.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 3:41:05 PM PDT
Grrgoyl says:
Thanks for your comment. I hope she isn't disappointed! If she likes racing games like MarioKart, I would also highly recommend MySims Racing (I wrote a review for that as well -- exactly like MarioKart except more customizable and more variety of things to do during races).

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 2:42:49 PM PDT
This game freezes for me too. So much so that I reported it to both EA and Nintendo. EA sent me three different copies of the game to try and eliminate the problem and Nintendo replaced my entire Wii and it still freezes between races on occasion.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›