5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find one this tiny for this price with this quality, December 16, 2009
This review is from: Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro digital camcorder for Action Sports/Surveillance (Includes 2Gb Memory) (Camera)
I've bought 3 or 4 cameras of this type for use at work. I've bought 2 different helmet cameras that worked kind of okay, but this one knocks it out of the park. The case is built like a tank, it's very easy to use. The voice activated function is great. I'm using an 8gb chip in mine, so I can't talk about the quality problems I've heard about when using the 2gig chip that ships. I've used it the past couple days testing it by using the clip mount to clip it under my rear view mirror facing forward and I can tell you there are no police dashboard cameras that can beat the video. The camera focuses perfectly through the windshield and the angle of view is wide enough to capture a perfect scene. Low light is great, used it at a shooting range yesterday and once I figured out the proper placement the videos were great even in reduced lighting. If you need a tiny camera with great quality this is the one. My one complaint was when I installed the driver disk I began getting com errors and had to do a lot of googling before I could shut them off. I plugged the camera in another computer without installing the drivers and it worked fine. I suppose you will need the drivers if you are going to use this as a web camera, but thats a waste of a great piece of equipment. Audio is a weak point and wind noise will wipe the audio. If your going to use this as a cruiser cam not sure how you would get external audio, but it will pick up the video well. I highly recommend it. [...]

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2010 9:09:26 PM PST
Eddexp says:
Your comments about the Veho Muvi micro camera was very helpful in my choice making for a new adventure camera!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2010 4:41:52 AM PST
Bill T says:
Thanks, I am interested in how long the life of the battery will turn out to be. Doesn't look really user replaceable, but there are screws there. Good luck with it.

Posted on Feb 21, 2010 4:25:26 PM PST
M. Schroeder says:
William,
I am wondering if this would work well as a trap-shooting camera. I would probably clip it onto the pocket of my trap vest. Does it provide a wide enough angle? Will it resolve an object like an orange clay bird at 25-30 yards? I think it would help my game, so I can see what I'm doing wrong, always missing that 1 elusive bird out of 25...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2010 5:37:28 PM PST
Bill T says:
I think it would work for trap shooting. The angle is sufficient for me that when I am using it with my gun out it will pick up my gun, the flashlight beam attached to the glock and what I'm pointing at. You may have to play with it to determine the best placement on your vest, higher up on your chest would probably be better. Looks like the battery life is right at 2 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2010 4:24:49 AM PDT
Edmund says:
Hi William:

Just curious if you know if the video will loop record? (It would be great if it will record over the oldest material automatically once the card is full. This would make for set it and forget it operation as a dash cam). Thanks for your excellent review!

Ed

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2010 4:52:44 AM PDT
Bill T says:
Hi Ed, I don't think it would loop as the battery would run and I haven't plugged it in to a usb to cigarette lighter yet. If you put an 8gig chip in I think it will record a total of 16 hours but you will run out of battery.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 21, 2010 8:56:02 AM PDT
Edmund says:
Hmmm.. I may try to power it with a cig lighter to usb adapter in the car. If it will loop that would be great!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2010 9:12:50 AM PDT
E. Sondag says:
This device will not accept power and record at the same time, and will also not loop record. I tested with mine and it will charge with power on or off, but it will not record while charging. So far, that's the only real disappointment I have had with this little guy! Great device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2010 6:26:52 AM PDT
K. Hales says:
The car-usb charger will work fine because those chargers take the voltage to +5V. I use one for several things like my Garmin GPS and my Ipod with a special adapter for the Ipod. Works fine!

Posted on May 25, 2011 6:07:08 PM PDT
Marc Jordan says:
I made a great discovery a few days back. I wanted to share it with you since your review helped me to pick The Veho Muvi. What I found was The 808 #11 Keychain camera. Check it out on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj26JjSiazQ . Like you I thought the Muvi was the best thing going, but The 808#11 blows The Muvi out of the water for picture quality and is even better Than the top of the line, $150 dollar Muvi HD 10. The 808 #11 is full HD, so.... no annoying bars on your t.v. screen, all for $40 on ebay. Only bad thing was the long wait for it to arrive from Hong Kong. Correction: The 808 #11 is not full HD, but is 720p HD. Compare the 2 and let me know what you think.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›