5.0 out of 5 stars An Improvement - But Can Be Better, February 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness Rush - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Zumba is back with Zumba Fitness Rush!! And what can be said about this sequel? Read on!!

The Cons:
Unlike it's predecessor, the developers decided to remove a crucial fun factor, online multi-player mode. That's right, you can no longer play online with friends in far away places.

Another issue that may affect a few people (especially those with epilepsy) are the constant flashes and de-focus in the game play. I found it quite irritating, especially when a new move was coming up.

The cue cards are a nice addition, but developers, if you're going add them, then put the whole routine of the move in there. It's like you put the move in but then decide to add something else to it. This option can be removed under settings.

In the manual it has a scale and tells you that you are able to edit, but I have yet to find where the edit option is or see the scale appear. You can only see Time, Technique and Calories Burned right now. If anyone sees the scale, please let me know where it is located.

Now for the Pros:
The navigating is great as you can use your hand, voice or controller.
The tracking has improved greatly.
The tutorials in learning the steps has improved as well.
All new music, routines and venues
Routine intensity go from easy to medium to high
The classes are fun and you will sweat your pants off big time.
Your choice of classes are Short Class (20 mins), Medium Class (45 mins) and Full Class (60 mins)
You can create your own playlist of songs (up to 12) and dance away without having to stop (you still have your choice of doing a single song as well).
It has a Dance Central type scoring system (the star system) and there you can get Nice, Hot or Zumba
It also shows the body part that needs work with a red silhouette.

So with all that said, would I recommend Zumba Fitness Rush? I'll say yes. Despite what it lacks, the pros still outweigh the cons!!

Enjoy, I know I will!!

Update: February 16th, 2012

After using it for nearly a week, I will say you will get use to the flashing which is Euphoria and they've updated it that you can now share on your awards on Facebook right from the game!! I'm loving it!! I can see this being my staple workout for a long time!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 13, 2012 2:55:15 PM PST
T. Adams says:
I'm so excited to get my copy. Even better, Amazon knocked it down to 40 bucks for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:11:54 AM PST
X. Zhuang says:
really?
How did you do that?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 12:22:13 PM PST
T. Adams says:
I asked customer service why there was no $0.99 release date shipping and no $10 promotional codes available for the game, and told them without an incentive I might as well pick it up at my local game store and have it on day 1. So, they offered me a $10 promotional certificate which I applied to my preorder of the game. You should do the same and you'll probably get 10 bucks off too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 2:56:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012 2:56:33 PM PST
X. Zhuang says:
I appreciated the information!
I wish I knew that before ordering. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 11:27:27 AM PST
T. Adams says:
You can always try it during your next order lol :D

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 6:12:00 AM PST
Grizelda says:
Ms. Patricia said "The navigating is great as you can use your hand, voice or controller."

Did you really try this? My game TOTALLY ignores my controller. Then to make matters worse - hand movements jumps about totally erratically. This makes it almost impossible to access correct menu items reliably - so I finally gave up on the tutorials (or anything that required frequent menu selection) and stick with "Full Dance Class".

As for Voice control: I'd say it's so-so the system hears certain commands, ignores others. (Yes, I've tried screaming, turning the volume down etc) I wouldn't say that the voice control is much worse than other games - it's just not great on the xBox, and frankly I don't see it ever becoming incredibly useful in games that play music while you need to issue a command.

All in all this game has by far the worst menu response of any game I've tried (I have about 6 Kinect Games).

The strange thing about the funkiness of menu selection is that body tracking is pretty decent.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:38:50 PM PST
Ms Patricia says:
Navigating with the controller is used when you want to post something on Facebook, as for getting through the menus you either use your voice or hands. The navigating has been working great for me with both voice and hand. With the voice you have to make sure that the music isn't too high or there isn't any other sound going on in the room, that will distort the commands going to the sensor. As for the hands, I use both of my hands to navigate and it works out well. Did you get the first update that Zumba Fitness Rush sent out? Let me know.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 1:45:45 PM PST
Grizelda says:
Hi Patricia - thanks for the reply.
Yes, I did the update.
At least now I'll stop attempting to use the controller.
You said: "you have to make sure that the music isn't too high or there isn't any other sound going on in the room",
yes that's been my experience, but I don't find it practical to turn down the music for a dance game... and It's likely my LR setup makes matters worse: I have a serious 5.1 sound, AND my room is considered very bright (translation: potential for echo's high).

Unfortunately, that leaves me with hand movements, and I'm baffled why these are giving me so much trouble. I've not seen others comment on this, so I have to assume, it has something to do with placement (just don't understand why I don't have problems in other games.

Anyway, fortunately I REALLY enjoy the Full Class option (which only requires one Hand movement). So I'm just gonna let it be, and enjoy what's great about the game.
Thanks again for the reply.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 11:31:52 PM PDT
Have they added an update that would allow those of us with epilepsy to turn off the flashes?

I was really interested in this game until I read that. :-( Apart from first saving to get an LCD T.V., and then optimizing it so it's likely to not ever trigger a seizure, I can't see myself getting the game. Here's hoping the LCD's keep dropping in price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 11:54:09 AM PDT
Ms Patricia says:
I wish there was a setting for it, but unfortunately the Euphoria affect is part of the game. What you can do is look on YouTube at some of the game play and see if you're able to handle it. Play the YouTube video on your TV through Xbox.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (381 customer reviews)

$39.99 $20.40