5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Unit, May 19, 2009
This review is from: Vers 2X iPod Sound System (Walnut) (Electronics)
Recently, I had to replace my old trusty Klipsch iGroove HG ipod speaker after it died. I had originally intended to replace my iGroove with an identical model, but I discovered that Klipsch discontinued the model. So, I started looking elsewhere for a replacement.

The unit that I finally settled on was the Vers 2X iPod Sound System. The reviews said that the sound quality was good, so I decided to pick this particular model just for the looks.

Upon receiving my new iPod speaker system from Fedex, I tore through the box and discovered the "green" packaging. All of the packing materials were made of recyclable paper and cardboard. There was no styrofoam packing to be found. There were a number of different iPod dock cradles included in the package, and the cradles are easily swapped in the event that you work with multiple iPods.

I was expecting that the Vers would ship with a small remote with minimal functionality. What I got was a relatively large remote that allows me to control most, if not all, of the iPods functions. In my opinion, the remote is a little too large. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little functionality for a smaller form factor.

The sound quality is everything that I'd read that it would be. According to my ear, it is easily the equal of my old Klipsch unit, and I thought that my old unit was superior to the various Bose iPod speakers that I had tried. I don't think that any iPod speaker/dock combo is going to match a decent stereo system, but I really didn't expect it to.

The wooden veneer construction is what really attracted me to this unit. In my opinion, Vers 2X iPod Sound System is one of the better looking iPod docks on the market. The wood just looks nicer than the plastic construction that I've seen on the other units that I've seen.

I have two relatively minor complaints about the Vers 2X. My old iGroove had a handle built in, so it was exceptionally easy to grab and lug from one room to another. The Vers unit isn't heavy, but it is missing the convenience of a handle on the back.

My second complaint is the positioning of the iPod on the top of the unit. I much prefer that the iPod not be sticking out that much. I liked the layout of the Klipsch iGroove where the iPod is settled in a slot at the front. I always felt that my iPod was securely attached to the iGroove, and I don't get that feeling with the Vers unit.

After about a week of use, I feel that I made a good decision in purchasing this unit, and I would recommend it to others.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]