5.0 out of 5 stars A Great... Big Case!, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Windowed Side Panel (RC-942-KKN1) (Personal Computers)
I will try to keep this pretty short. First my build:

HAF X
60Gb SSD drive for games
2x 200Gb HD (in RAID 1) for data
Apevia 900W power supply
DVD drive

I originally had all of this (except the 60Gb SSD drive which I added for this build) in an Antec 900 case. It was jammed in there about as tightly as was possible. The Antec 900 is a nice case, but I really needed a full tower for the components that I have... so it didn't suit my needs. I just finished putting everything in my new HAF X and it's wonderful. I had plenty of room to work and the construction of the case is top-notch. I was actually able to manage all of my cables nicely, for a clean looking build.

This is HUGE case, so if you don't have room you should think twice... but if you do, it's a gerat case. It comes stock with 4 fans, which is just fine... but I added one to the graphics card air duct, and one to the top (comes with one 200mm fan on top, I added the optional 200mm). The cable management is very well thought out, with routes throughout that you can use to tuck away all those cables. I used the power supply partition and it was very helpful in hiding my cables. I also used the GPU holder since I am using two pretty heavy video cards. These little extras really make the case worth the money, and help you to build a better system.

There's plenty of room for your hard disks. I have 3 inside (2 normal HDs and one SSD), and two in the front SATA docks (both SSDs). There's plenty of room for just about any storage configuration you would want to use, and it's all easy to get to and set up. You do have to screw in the drives that you mount on the front SATA docks... but that's not really a big deal to me.

Once I got it all together... I was very pleased. The airflow is great... my CPU is idling at about 32 degress Celsius, my hard drives at 24 degrees, memory at 29 degrees, physics card at 27 degrees and video cards at 24 degrees. I haven't done too much stress testing, but my CPU has only hit about 41 degrees celsius max so far.

I love that this case is black both outside AND inside. A lot of black cases will have a stainlees steel color on the inside, but this is black throughout, which I find very nice. A lot of people complain that this case is "ugly", but I disagree... I think it's a great looking case.

Overall, I love this case. It's the best I've ever had, and I've had quite a few. In my opinion you can't get a much better case for the price... and if you have a high-end set of components you should definitely consider the HAF X.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 9:07:51 PM PST
hey Rodney I am looking at putting in an SSD as well can you tell me if you had to get a SILVERSTONE SDP08 3.5 to 2 X 2.5-Inch Bay Converter ? I know it is suppose to come with the 2.5 but not too sure if I need a kit, let me know thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:01:39 PM PST
Rodney Lucas says:
Hi there,

You can install your SSDs (two) in the front bays. They can handle 3.5 and 2.5. Everyhing you need is included. You'll love the case. It's the last one I'm buying... just going to put new components in whenever I want to build a new system.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›